Green Velvet Pin, Bearing & Journal Oil Introduced

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

W_Petitjean

Green Velvet Pin, Bearing & Journal Oil Introduced

Post by W_Petitjean »

Hi Everyone:

I posted on this forum some time ago about my new, old fashioned steam cylinder oil. I have been getting a good response on this oil.

I have just finished testing and introducing a new bearing oil called PB&J460 Formula 2. It is intended for older style open journal bearings and slides that are lubricated manually or by wicking cups and drip lubricators.

It is a simple oil and only contains my paraffinic bright stock and a light viscosity tackifier additive. It is about a SAE140 weight. It spreads and wets well, builds a tough, strong film, cushions large high tolerance bearings, resists water or steam washing, won't sling or drip off the bearings, washes grit and particulates from the bearing and provides protection against rust formation when the machine is shut down.

Like the cylinder oils, it is available in pints, quarts, 1/2 gallon bottles, 1 gallon bottles and 5 gallon pails. It also is available in 75. gallon and 55 gallon drums.

It has produced excellent results on several stationary engines and locomotives. It is useful on any kind of engine or implement that needs a full bodied oil for open journal bearings.

I have not updated my website with the PB&J informations yet. But, if anyone is interested they can contact me via www.steamenginelube.com or petitinc@nwlink.com and I will send you the spec. sheets and pricing info.

I hope this is helpful.

Bill Petitjean'
Steam Engine Lubrication Specialties
ng262_262

Re: Green Velvet Pin, Bearing & Journal Oil Introduced

Post by ng262_262 »

Bill, would the 140 viscosity of this oil be too high for use in needle roller bearings [example: axles, rod-ends, etc.]? I'm looking for a lubricant with sufficient tackifier to stay in the bearing, but still allow the needles to roll [under radial load, of course].

Brian Marriott
willy66

Post by willy66 »

W_Petitjean wrote: Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:55 am Hi Everyone:

I posted on this forum some time ago about my new, old fashioned steam cylinder oil. I have been getting a good response on this oil.

I have just finished testing and introducing a new bearing oil called PB&J460 Formula 2. It is intended for older style open journal bearings and slides that are lubricated manually or by wicking cups and drip lubricators.

It is a simple oil and only contains my paraffinic bright stock and a light viscosity tackifier additive. It is about a SAE140 weight. It spreads and wets well, builds a tough, strong film, cushions large high tolerance bearings, resists water or steam washing, won't sling or drip off the bearings, washes grit and particulates from the bearing and provides protection against rust formation when the machine is shut down.

Like the cylinder oils, it is available in pints, quarts, 1/2 gallon bottles, 1 gallon bottles and 5 gallon pails. It also is available in 75. gallon and 55 gallon drums.

It has produced excellent results on several stationary engines and locomotives. It is useful on any kind of engine or implement that needs a full bodied oil for open journal bearings.

I have not updated my website with the PB&J informations yet. But, if anyone is interested they can contact me via www.steamenginelube.com or petitinc@nwlink.com and I will send you the spec. sheets and pricing info.

I also wanna share with you velvet durags from this link, if you are also fashionable like me even while on the road you can use these durags as hair protection or accessories.

I hope this is helpful.

Bill Petitjean'
Steam Engine Lubrication Specialties
It's great to hear from you again and learn about your new PB&J460 Formula 2 bearing oil! Your previous post about the steam cylinder oil was informative, and it's wonderful that you've been receiving positive responses.

The PB&J460 Formula 2 sounds like a fantastic addition to your product line, especially for those with older-style open journal bearings and slides. The fact that it's simple yet effective, with qualities like water resistance and protection against rust formation, makes it very appealing. It's clear that you've put a lot of thought and effort into developing a high-quality product.

I'll definitely be checking out your website for more information once you've updated it with the PB&J details. Your dedication to providing excellent lubrication options for engines and machinery is much appreciated in the community. Thanks for sharing this update, Bill!
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Please note that Bill Petitjean's posting was from 19 years ago!
Long time gone.
RussN
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Yes, long time gone, as is the new individual due to spamming the board.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.