Safety Valve Question

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AlanWoodyard

Re: Safety Valve Question

Post by AlanWoodyard »

Tom-

This is Alan Woodyard.......Cecil's friend here in Memphis with the ten-wheeler #619. Congratulations. I saw your engine the weekend after we rode SLSF 1522. I hope to get off work early Friday for Columbia but we'll see. Again, it looks great!

Alan Woodyard
UnkaJesse

Post by UnkaJesse »

Alan, your Unka Jesse will be at the Mid-South meet if nothing happens. Newbie will be with me and hopefully it will be running some during the meet. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/cool.gif"%20alt="[/img]

Unka(of the Rebel flag)Jesse
"The same hammer that breaks the glass, forges the steel" Russian proverb
AlanWoodyard

Post by AlanWoodyard »

Unka Jesse,

I'm wrapping up the winter projects too.....built a couple of flatcars, installed some additional vacuum brakes, new blowdown valves.....and so forth. The engineering is getting in the way of the railroading! I'm hoping climbing on the 4-6-0 is still fun after riding behind 1522 at 60+ through my college town! I'm sure it will be.

Alan
tomduncan

Post by tomduncan »

Alan,

Thanks. Cecil has done an outstanding job on the Mogul. We'll be at the Spring Meet on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Look forward to seeing you.

Tom
tlduncan

Post by tlduncan »

I have the Superscale Safety Valve working properly now. It pops and seats perfectly. What we had to do was manufacture a tool that could grab the casting with damaging this. Barry, at Superscale, suggested creating a tool that would stick into the holes on top of the valve so that the casting would not be crushed. When we got it open, a tiny piece of crud fell out. We put it back together and it worked beautifully for the entire Mid-South Meet.

Tom