Cool website

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

JohnHudak

Cool website

Post by JohnHudak »

Hi All, I ran into this website on some early live steam builders, check it out. John
http://www.israelitehouseofdavid.org/train.html
Fred_V

Re: Cool website

Post by Fred_V »

now that's funny; just yesterday a friend asked me if i had heard of House of David. she had a customer at her sign shop mention it. story from him is that there are still a couple of engines at their place that they would like to sell.

i don't know how accurate this info is; just passing it along.
fred v
Fred V
Pensacola, Fl.
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

On www.discoverlivesteam.com , under "for sale" there is an ad for an almost for sale House of David train. It's about halfway down on the right side in the classifieds.

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
FredR

Post by FredR »

On www.discoverlivesteam.com , under "for sale" there is an ad for an almost for sale House of David train. It's about halfway down on the right side in the classifieds.

Andy Pullen

I knew I had seen that website some where... thanks for reminding me [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/tongue.gif"%20alt="[/img]
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

Oh, wow! Does that bringing back some childhood memeories! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/laugh.gif"%20alt="[/img] Thanks for finding and posting that website information.

I was born in Benton Harbor, and lived about a mile from the House of David park until I was 7. Then we moved to about 3 miles on the other side of it. We moved out of the state when I was 12. My mother still tells the story of my exclaiming "Moma! Hows Davy Trawn!" as a 2-3 yearold every time I heard the whistle blow while I was in my yard. I remember riding it too. I also remember the stone house, the light house, the 2-6-2 loco's, and especailly the large station that the train went into for load and unloading of pasingers. Just thinking about that place makes the whistle blow in my memory. It was lot of fun to go there. My attendence must have been in the last years of its operation, I was born in 1964. Thanks for recalling the memories.

As a side thought, isn't funny how we think time stands still in places we have left? [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/confused.gif"%20alt="[/img]

Mike
Dick_Morris

Post by Dick_Morris »

There is also a write-up in "Little Railways of the World."