Dumb Question but I don't know the answer to it!

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

FLSTEAM

Dumb Question but I don't know the answer to it!

Post by FLSTEAM »

What does ICQ Number mean?
Patrik

Re: Dumb Question but I don't know the answer to it!

Post by Patrik »

Hi!

ICQ is an chat program like "MSN messenger" and all that fency stuff. when you made a registration you've got a accoun number, that's a ICQ number
Patrik
willy

Post by willy »

ICQ can be found at http://www.icq.com

As Patrick has said. It is a messenger service that allows you to instantly message any one that you may have gleaned their # and have added it to your list. ICQ stands for "I seek you". It is not necessary to put anything there, yet if you want people to contact you in some way other than what is listed here you could enter it there, as I have done myself.

-willy
gezr

shoot, icq, yahoo, msn you name it!

Post by gezr »

all these chat clients could be used to some exstent to extend the communication of the board in its self, I have included my icq number also in my profile, I dont have it open very much, I also keep msn up for most of the time. this is an old computer that will probably be getting a linux upgrade sooner then later, then ill just run everybuddy or some other global client that handles all those services. just depends on what Ill be doing in the near future.
my msn messenger handle is gezrmon i think not so sure about that though its worth a try.
I dont use yahoo for some reason I think at one point I did give it a run for a while.
I have a persistent connection so as long as im home I can pretty much catch any message rather quickly.
Phil
Tom_Wade

Post by Tom_Wade »

Although the current version is "ICQ", this is probably a hand-me-down from the old ham radio operators. In the old days, when hams pounded on telegraph keys, or wiggled a bug, a ham wanting to talk to someone, but no one in particular, would bang out CQ CQ CQ CQ CQ CQ CQ, follwed by his call sign, then switch to receive and scan frequencies close to his transmit frequency looking for a reply. Then he'd do it again.
Modern hams just key the mike and say it: CQ CQ CQ CQ and their call sign.
And then of course, the CB guys just holler out "Anyone got their ears on, good buddy? Ya got the loudmouth here....
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

ANS BY THE WAY, it was not a stupid question!
Patrik
UnkaJesse

Post by UnkaJesse »

You are right, Patrik, ain't no such thing as a stupid question! We can all use help at times.

Unka Jesse
"The same hammer that breaks the glass, forges the steel" Russian proverb
FLSTEAM

Re: Dumb Question but I don't know the answer to i

Post by FLSTEAM »

Thanks for the info. I don't think I am important enough to sign up for a world wide chat groop. But it is a neat idea.
FLSTEAM

Post by FLSTEAM »

oops, that was suppose to be group. My computer can't spell. It wasn't me. Honest [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/blush.gif"%20alt="[/img])
FredR

Post by FredR »

Also BTW, I run ICQ and MSN Messenger. I downloaded a program that will let you use both accounts as well as AOL Instant Messager and Yahoo Messenger. You can also set it up to notify you of email on you POP3 account. It is called APN. If you would like to have it, you can get it from http://download.com.com/3000-2150-10170 ... g=lst-0-11