Live Steam at Mandarin, Florida?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

willy

Live Steam at Mandarin, Florida?

Post by willy »

A local post master here where I live was wondering what happened to the 15"? gauge steam train that ran in Mandarin Florida some 20ish years ago. He said that it was a track about 3/4 mile long and ran back into the woods. Can anyone help with details and what happened to it?

Many thanx in advance...
-willy-
bteerlin

Re: Live Steam at Mandarin, Florida?

Post by bteerlin »

You can contact the Northeast Florida Live Steamers at http://www.neflsri.org/ they may have some information on it. They were looking for it. I really enjoyed riding it as a kid.
FLSTEAM

Re: 15" ga. Live Steam , Florida?

Post by FLSTEAM »

If anyone happens across a 15" ga. rr in Florida I would like to know. I have 15" equipment I would love to find a place to run.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Don't know of anywhere in Florida off hand, but there is a nice 15" rr in PA, Reading Society of Model Engineers is in Reeading, PA. I am an active member there. The website is www.rsme.org.
-Nate
Allen_from_CHT

Post by Allen_from_CHT »

The other 15" gauge tracks (that I know of) in PA are at Rough & Tumble (Kinzers, Pa) and NW Pa SE&OEA (Portersville, Pa). R&T runs a crown, Portersville a homebrewed gas/mechanical - though some 15-20 years back they used to have Cagneys, even double headed them occasionally (Both were privately owned and sold out of state [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/frown.gif"%20alt="[/img] )

R&Ts crown was a bit out of time the last time I was there, it had a weird 3 beat exhaust - like a horse cantering
Fred_V

Post by Fred_V »

this is unabashed self promotion. it's not in Fl. (south Alabama); not 15" but 2 foot gauge. but have a look at
www.waleswest.com
fred v
Fred V
Pensacola, Fl.