Sinheim Meeting 1

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

dampfwilli

Sinheim Meeting 1

Post by dampfwilli »

Three weeks ago was at the Sinsheim Meeeting (Greatest indoor steam meeting of the world, 36 000 sq.m. Halls, over 6 000 meters track for 71/ and 5", Sinsheim its near Heidelberg in Germany). I try to give a impression of this meeting with a series of pic next time (when this its interesting for the american steamfriends).First i send a pic of one of the halls for trains (6 000 sq.m.) No locos are to see, i maked this pic early in the morning. Later was to much people and to much smoke in the hall .
Have Fun
dampfwilli

You must not be crazy to play with steam, but it helps.
FredR

Re: Sinheim Meeting 1

Post by FredR »

Kinda a big place huh.....
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

Dampfwilli....

Do you have any more photos of working equipment from the Sinsheim show?

BTW...have you ever been to the Transportation and Post Museum in Nurenburg?

For anyone else planning a trip to Southern Germany, this is a musem you MUST put on your agenda! I believe the doors do not open until about 10AM (typical for many German attractions) and then you better plan on spending the better part of the day there. They've got all kinds of railroad models (from HO, to 1/8 scale to full size equipment too). They've got lots of 1/8 scale steam locos (that look like they were live steam). Some are in a cradle that will roll the engine over to view the underside. Most interesting to say the least. All kinds of other RR related exhibits; bridge and tunnel building, yards, etc. Steam, diesel, electric locos and other rolling stock. Signal systems, etc. Neat stuff. cb
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
dampfwilli

Post by dampfwilli »

I was not in Nürnberg, but we have here in the Alsace three museums in Mulhouse. All are in the rank of a national Museum and all are a must for steam and mechanic freaks. The first ist the railroad museum, one of the oldest and biggest (the collection was started in the 19. Century). The second its the fire brigade museum and the third its the Car museum (houndreds of Bugattis and other sportscars).
Yeah i have more pics. The fe first 4 was sended to give a impression of the dimension and the bandwide of the meeting.
Have Fun
dampfwilli

themnax
Location: a small green planet in a distant galaxy (actualy roseville california)

Post by themnax »

just in passing and another of my more or less useless comments but there was a site a year or two ago that i don't remember any of the details about let alone the url that i grabed a bunch of pictures off of that had a lot of what looked like 7.5" and 5" gauge running arround on the floor inside of what looked like a big empty warehouse somewhere - i'm pretty sure it was over there in germany somewhere and i think it may have been arround christmass time because there were what looked like a bunch of christmass trees in there too ... ~;)
stay well and keep doing the wonderful things that you do ... ~;)
dampfwilli

Post by dampfwilli »

I posted this pic to show the dimensions and thats better to see with the the empty room. I have much more pics of engines , but i send the pics in the next time on the old way (private maillist) to my friends. To post many pics makes no fun in this system.
Have Fun
dampfwilli

UnkaJesse

Post by UnkaJesse »

dampfwilli, there are some photos from the Sinheim show in the latest issue of Modeltech. Some of them are pretty smoky looking! Wish I had been there. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/frown.gif"%20alt="[/img]

Unka Jesse
"The same hammer that breaks the glass, forges the steel" Russian proverb