Riverside Live Steamers Fall meet 05, Riverside CA

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

MichaelReb

Riverside Live Steamers Fall meet 05, Riverside CA

Post by MichaelReb »

Hey Y'all,

What can I say, it's all over except for the bragging.

T'was a good meet. I met loads of great fellas, and at least one
nice lady (too bad she weren't single).

Also found out that I was "under firing" my engine. I kept running outa steam about 3/4 of the way around the track and couldn't seem to get it back up to pressure. Then one of the fellas that was mentoring me said lets see what happens when you turn up the fuel supply. Well, that sure dunnit a trick. The rest of the meet I was popping safeties for most all the way round the track. Now, to figure it out to where I don't pop off all the time.

I'm getting there!

Well a bit on the meet. Breakfast was provided each morning, but lunch was on your own. Dinner was about the same way, but I got invited to go with an impromtoo bunch and have Italian at a local mom and pop.

There were two venders present, was kinda hoping for more. The track was in great condition as they have just finished re-laying it with plastic ties. Even with loads of steam engines burning coal, there appeared to be no problems with plastic for tie material.

Most of the time was perfect for steam. Cool with some humidity so that the chuffs stood out. Night running was perfect! You could see steam EVERYWHERE!

The meet was more of a "Show up, Let's run" kinda meet with mostly running and chin wagging going on! Not much was organized, but I had plenty of help unloading and loading, and there was always someone around that had knowledge on how to fix things with my engine! The breakfast was fantastic, and the track was never really crowded.

Well, I bent your ear enough on this one......
willy

Post by willy »

Yep my recollection of the track was that it was well worth the trip to visit. This is a steamers track. Lots of open areas.

Willy
DCWilloughby

RLS Fall Meet

Post by DCWilloughby »

100% steam 100% of the time.