Allen Ten-Wheeler info

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Benjamin Maggi

Allen Ten-Wheeler info

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

Can someone please post the link to the the website for the "Allen" manufactured steam locomotives? Googling it did not help, and searching past topics did not seem to help either.
Thanks.
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"
LivingLegend

Post by LivingLegend »

Best I know, Gene doesn't have a website up for Allen Models.

LL
Do it right.... Or don't do it at all
I have no life. Therefore, I have a hobby
It's not that I'm apathetic, I just flat don't care
An Intellectual is nothing more than an Over-Educated IDIOT
Blogs: Where people with nothing to say..... Say it
Dick_Morris

Post by Dick_Morris »

In fact, as recently as my order of a month ago, he doesn't have an email address on the invoice.
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

So, how do I obtain a catalog with all of the castings, engine kits, etc. that he offers? Is it some inside club thing? How can the engines be so popular if finding out about them is so hard? What am I missing!
siggy

Post by siggy »

scoobster28 wrote:So, how do I obtain a catalog with all of the castings, engine kits, etc. that he offers? Is it some inside club thing? How can the engines be so popular if finding out about them is so hard? What am I missing!
Gene advertises in every issue of Live Steam mag with his snail mail address and his phone number. This month (July/Aug 2007) his ad is on p 17.

Robert
LivingLegend

Post by LivingLegend »

Contact Info for Allen Models:

Allen Models
5994 Cuesta Verde
Goleta, California 93117-1808
(805) 967-2095
Do it right.... Or don't do it at all
I have no life. Therefore, I have a hobby
It's not that I'm apathetic, I just flat don't care
An Intellectual is nothing more than an Over-Educated IDIOT
Blogs: Where people with nothing to say..... Say it
srrl5

Post by srrl5 »

scoobster28 wrote:So, how do I obtain a catalog with all of the castings, engine kits, etc. that he offers? Is it some inside club thing? How can the engines be so popular if finding out about them is so hard? What am I missing!
Sounds like someone else spoiled by the INTERNET. :D We all take instant answers as the norm now.

David
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Rob Gardner

Too much internet!

Post by Rob Gardner »

Ben,

You give your youthfulness away by wondering why one of the longest running suppliers in the hobby doesn't have a website or email address!

Rob Gardner
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

Thank you all for the informaiton. I will send out a letter tonight.

I don't mind giving my age away. I don't expect immediate answers, but the fact that he doesn't have a website is surprising as I think his business would gain more exposure, and he would be able to respond better to inquiries, through the internet.

Just my two cents...
wbarbe

Allen models

Post by wbarbe »

Considering the number of his engines running all over the country, I don't think he needs to worry about finding customers.
BB
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Boy, do I well-remember the days when the "main" way to communicate with a supplier or get a catalog was through the mail...and from east coast to West, and then from west coast back to east, a reply or a catalog could take a week at best, but could take 2 or more weeks if there were delays! And if you had it in less than 2 weeks, it was considered "fast".

Something happened to the Universe between between 1989 and today......and I often feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone because of all the craziness around me. I would be just fine if someone stuck me in about 1985...PERMANENTLY. The internet gives instant everything, & nobody under the age of about 25 knows the "non internet" world; and I recently saw a 16 year old kid not know how to operate a rotary phone...I had heard stories about things like this, but this was right in front of my very eyes. I had to show him how to use it. And then he made me feel like a REAL olde pharte when he said the only time he had seen them (rotary phones) was "in old movies". And I'm only 36!

When did I get old?

-John K.
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

JohnK wrote: When did I get old?
...some where between 8 track tapes and CD/DVD's! Welcome to the OPC...Olde Phartes Club. And remember this...those WERE the "good ole days"! lol cb