Lets put a face to the name

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH, cbrew

Bill Shields

Field Machining

Post by Bill Shields » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:02 pm

Nothing to apologize for.

Have done a lot of on-site industrial machining in my life, and your 'rig' looks as good if not better than some I had to 'glue' together to get a job done.

As long as the end result was what you wanted, what matter the intermediate stages (other than puckering).....?>?>?>

pkastagehand

Late as usual

Post by pkastagehand » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:57 am

No loco, yet. Here is as far as I've gotten so far.

Paul
Attachments
DSCF7019.JPG
Tender for the Kozo A3 in 3/4" scale

steamin10

Post by steamin10 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Hey PK, nice job. You are farther along than my projects by far. I have many boxes of 'works in prog'. I have a gross shortage of wheels, and other issues keep cropping up. Stay with it, your work looks good from here.

I am a Train Guy at heart, but am finishing a Cohoern morter in Bowlling ball Caliber. It should be a hoot at 4rth July. Current emergency is getting a new gearbox fitted out on my diesel lawn tractor. sheesh it never ends, and having time for work like yours makes the final result all the more satifying.

I bid you peace.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.

Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Here I am, sitting my fat butt on the end of the bridge frame at FLLS, so it doesn't tip over (it was positioned halfway across the abutment, so it could be dragged across easily).

http://www.pbase.com/edmc/image/95823401

(shameless plug for FLLS)

Come out to FLLS and see what we're doing now! Plenty of 1" fun to be had (along with 1.5"!)

http://www.pbase.com/mrw5390/flls&page=all

:)

steamin10

Post by steamin10 » Thu May 01, 2008 6:32 am

Nice pics , thanks.

Same issue, Time.....

Gotta LOT ta do around the rounch. Movin' on.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.