Cabin Fever

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Highiron

Cabin Fever

Post by Highiron »

Hello all

I have recieved several emails asking if Little Engines will be at Cabin Fever this year and if so would I bring specific parts

The answer is yes I will be there and if you need parts email me and I will bring them
I will have the new RS3 under construction there (this is a product in cooperation with Tom Artzberger)as well as tenders and other accesories and a few show only specials and some RTR (less trucks, couplers and wooden seat) "T"riding cars

Mike
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

I heard from Russell Stewart of the 1" (and below?) Little Engines line, and he said he will probably not be in attendance.

That said, I'll be in attendance, probably not hauling anything. If I bring anything, it'll be my G scale Ruby, all hopped up with 1/2" cylinders (vs the OEM 3/8")... But I don't feel like fixing firing problems right now, so...

I'll be in attendance with a few other FLLS members, probably checking out the stores and making small talk.

Anyone else gonna be there?

Mike Walsh
FLLS
WFPRR
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

I'll be there as will John Hudak...Hopefully, I can get up there Friday to get set up...I'm bringing a LE 0-4-0 (among other things) I'm doing for a customer in VA. Wayne's bringing me a boiler for it...It'll be on air.

Mike,

Do you have any of the steampipe "cover" castings for the switcher family? You know the ones...They go between the smokebox and the cylinders to cover the out of scale pipe fittings....If you have 2 of those, bring'em and I'll come and get them from you....

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Highiron

cabin fever

Post by Highiron »

Andy

yes I have them and will have some with me

the are Branch pipe flanges

Mike
Andy Pullen wrote: Do you have any of the steampipe "cover" castings for the switcher family? You know the ones...They go between the smokebox and the cylinders to cover the out of scale pipe fittings....If you have 2 of those, bring'em and I'll come and get them from you....

Andy Pullen
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Thanks Mike....

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Highiron

Cabin Fever

Post by Highiron »

Just got home from the show...was a good show and was great to see old friends and make some new ones...lots of great models by great builders...thanks to all who stopped by to say hello and lookat and purcased some of our new stuff

for those who asked I will have machined and finished 2" whistles back in stock in about 2 weeks...glad to see they were very popular ( I sold out of them in the first 4 hours)

Mike
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

It was a good show...Saturday morning was the usual madhouse...Makes me glad I can slip in the back door with my stuff and pay my admission without waiting for the crowd...

The only thing missing was the CALENDAR! They weren't available this year...

Mike had some nice looking stuff. I liked the locomotive bells....But, I just need a yoke. I machined a bell on a tracer lathe about 10 years ago for my camelback that would fit nicely in his yoke.

I saw Russell Stewart Sunday and wasn't able to talk with him as much as he wanted to. If anybody knows him; have him shoot me an email at awpliamloc at verizon dot net.

A bunch of people asked for you, John...Both days...Liam had a liver omelet :lol: both days at the diner....

It was good to see Marty Knox, Alan Francis, Howard Gorin, Dave Sclavi and Don Orr among many others....

Andy Pullen
Highiron

cabin fever

Post by Highiron »

Andy

you should have said something about a yoke...I have some for both the lost wax and the standard bell which one did you want
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Hi Mike,

I just need the lost wax yoke...I think that's the right one...Let me measure my bell and I'll get back to you.

Andy Pullen