Passenger car end casting

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Superberky1204

Passenger car end casting

Post by Superberky1204 »

I have a pair of these passenger car end castings. They measure 15 inches wide and 12&1/4 " high on the side. No markings on them.

Can anyone identify them? I am sure they were for 1.5 inch scale as RRSC and MCC cars are 16 inches wide.

Thanks for any info.

Bruce Saylor
Attachments
DSC02827.JPG
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Yes Bruce
I can positively identify them

I had these for sale. I also had all the patterns for the full car line. The original patterns were made by Leon Gadbouis in the mid eights. I think Fred Boufard has four cars built with them.

They are I .5 scale they are for a baggage. The coach ends were different. Two of these were for sale on eBay some time ago Are these those end that were for sale?
There was also four steps for sale as well The guy selling them advertise them as caboose steps from MCC not so I had them as well. They are the coach steps. I also had an all cast under frames. I never made a point of selling them because at the time I had RRSC cars that are wider. I thought that they should have been made 16 inch wide to accommodate our wide butts. The one inch makes a difference. I also had clerestory roof ends.
Superberky1204

Post by Superberky1204 »

Yes, I bought them off ebay. If I build a car with them they will look funny with my 16 inch wide cars. I may put them back on ebay later when I get back from Florida steam meet.

Thanks Dave.

Bruce
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

You never know if 1" difference will look funny, or not! You could do a mockup (your ends taped to cardboard?) and see how it turns out....