cylinder cock design from latest live steam mag...

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Bill Shields

Re: cylinder cock design from latest live steam mag...

Post by Bill Shields »

not sure....maybe to keep the rods from rattling around....or as a stop travel limit???

everybody has a reason for what they do and why...

I like the KISS system
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
BClemens

Post by BClemens »

Bill Shields wrote:Seems that we can no longer 'host' photos from photobucket without paying them $$$...so I am going to move somewhere else.
Bill,
Why not post your photos as an attachment to your post? You don't need a photo host. It would be simpler (KISS) for you and better for everyone else since it would be nice to go back in history and see your posted photos and drawings. They would remain even if a photo host decided to rape you. Ask BDD.
BC
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Well..duh....that works
Attachments
cyl cock nellie.jpg
BClemens

Post by BClemens »

Bill,
Now go back to about 2007 and repost all that information that you presented back then as an attachment...(that's a joke but wish it was possible....) I have gone way, way back searching and it's a shame that all your and others grand info is gone due to 'photobucket'. Even in British posts. How can they extort money now on a past agreement - for the future??? Harold is correct: they're holding your photos 'hostage for money or ransome', sort of like the internet thieves. So again; how can they do that?

BC
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

actually -> I can still get at the information and just move it to another site.

They are not preventing me from getting to the information, just preventing me from using it as have in the past.

If there are specific things that people want, I can go get, but otherwise...sleeping dogs can just lie...

Since the PHOTOBUCKET service has always been free (EXCEPT for being nagged to death by adverts the past few years), there is little in the way of a complaint that anyone can make.

It is not an uncommon tactic...dangle the hook....
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Bill Shields wrote:It is not an uncommon tactic...dangle the hook....
Goes to show, there is no "free lunch".

It is unconscionable that these services sucker readers in, then make changes that, in effect, hold them hostage.

But, it's the American way! The rich get richer, riding on the backs of their fellow man. Like a killer cat, once blood is tasted, no holds are barred in getting more and more money.

They should be ashamed. :roll:

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
BClemens

Post by BClemens »

:( Some old dogs just lie - some lay awake and think. I put myself in the position that if information is out there - I would like to partake. If I need to pay to get it - so be it - as in yes, it is the American way. But 'dangleing a hook' in the information area begins to look like plagerism or just plain greed. If this was a preplanned way to 'get rich', then these are mercinaries in the worst sense. These folks are already a - shame :cry:
Fred_V

Post by Fred_V »

I have a lot of stuff on Photobucket but it is also on my hard drive. I would NEVER rely on an internet site to be my only storage. I never use Icloud for the same reason.
Fred V
Pensacola, Fl.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

same here...never let anything get out and away....stacks and stacks of discs....
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

Bill Shields wrote:same here...never let anything get out and away....stacks and stacks of discs....
Wandering off topic.....Bill and others: If you use CDs or DVDs, be sure they are archival. Cheap RW discs are not and in a few years they will be unreadable. A hard drive, backed up with a paid-for online service is the best way to go. Some years ago, I was writing a textbook and I had three sets of disc backups at home and three at work. Each day's work was backed up on the oldest disc, thus I could always go back three days if needed. (I also remember a PhD candidate who had his dissertation on floppy disks (remember those?) in his briefcase, which was stolen. No backup. I'd say if he was that dumb he didn't deserve the degree.)
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

heck...I still have 8" and 5" floppy discs with data on them
Fred_V

Post by Fred_V »

Greg_Lewis wrote:
Bill Shields wrote:same here...never let anything get out and away....stacks and stacks of discs....
Wandering off topic.....Bill and others: If you use CDs or DVDs, be sure they are archival. Cheap RW discs are not and in a few years they will be unreadable. A hard drive, backed up with a paid-for online service is the best way to go. Some years ago, I was writing a textbook and I had three sets of disc backups at home and three at work. Each day's work was backed up on the oldest disc, thus I could always go back three days if needed. (I also remember a PhD candidate who had his dissertation on floppy disks (remember those?) in his briefcase, which was stolen. No backup. I'd say if he was that dumb he didn't deserve the degree.)
What will you do if that "paid for online service" goes belly up?
Fred V
Pensacola, Fl.