identification of parts?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Mike Walsh

identification of parts?

Post by Mike Walsh »

Gents

Does anyone have a clue as to what the castings in the following photo link are? I acquired these in an auction, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas... Input would be appreciated!

http://www.pbase.com/image/110262491

Mike Walsh
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

Mike,
They look like cylinders, wheels, and maybe a smokebox front. Do you mean manufacturer? What size are they. If the tiniest ones are about 3" diameter then they might be Little Engines 4-4-0 tender castings.

If they are all 1" scale castings, then I toss my cards in! By the way, is that an Aristocraft pacific in the back?

Quite the motley crew of castings.
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

Benjamin Maggi wrote:Mike,
They look like cylinders, wheels, and maybe a smokebox front. Do you mean manufacturer? What size are they. If the tiniest ones are about 3" diameter then they might be Little Engines 4-4-0 tender castings.

If they are all 1" scale castings, then I toss my cards in! By the way, is that an Aristocraft pacific in the back?

Quite the motley crew of castings.
I meant manufacturer/particular locomotive.

That's an Aster Mikado in the Background.

Theres a 6" scale in the photo and I think the big set of cylinders are for a 1" locomotive, based on their size.

Mike
rrtrax4501

Post by rrtrax4501 »

Mike the 3 wheels in the right of the picture look like the ones for a Nelson Grey blomberg truck castings. I have some that look the same.