Headache relief!

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH, cbrew

tburzio

Headache relief!

Post by tburzio » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 am

Bought a pair of couplers from Railroad Warehouse today on EBay. Paid Paypal, got a UPS shipping notice within the hour. Ahhhhhhh, sweet relief!

steamin10

Re: Headache relief!

Post by steamin10 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 am

When you get those couplers, photo them and put them up here. I have several sets of diferent patterns I cannot mate and use. I will dispose of them.

I have 8 sets of matching couplers based on the Carlson design, now Cannonball. I have no desire to change.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.

tburzio

Post by tburzio » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:26 am

Railroad Warehouse has an excellent web site, with pictures and everything! :mrgreen:

http://www.livesteam.com/couplers/Stain ... plers.html

I have two pairs of his couplers already. What a pleasure to operate! They've coupled with cars from all over, at meets up and down California to Oregon and across to Phoenix, and they have always managed to hold on no matter what. Even when we get a sticky guest car, all we do is leave their coupler closed and use the RR Warehouse coupler to grab tight. The couplers have a fine appearance, no pattern holes or roughness, and they have crisp markings and operate from above AND below.

Rating 5 Happy Faces! :D :D :D :D :D

ScaleModeler1974

Post by ScaleModeler1974 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 am

I have two pairs of couplers from Tom Bee in Michigan......although I got them back in 1996 I still have yet to use them.
Dennis Blank Jr.
Rdgk1se3019@hotmail.com

tburzio

Post by tburzio » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:43 am

I was just so happy with the buying experience. No months long fight to get hold of the vendor. No attempt to keep my money without sending the parts. Price list on line, with pictures! No extravagant tales made up to excuse delays. Just "here's my stuff, buy it and I'll ship the same MORNING!" Holy freejolies Batman!

steamin10

Post by steamin10 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:57 am

I dont think I have those, I have something else (sniff, BWAAaaa..) got a whole hanfull of 6 or 8 something elses that dont mate. (sniffle).

Ps. check your shorts, sounds like you peed you self.....
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.

tburzio

Post by tburzio » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:25 pm

steamin10 wrote:check your shorts, sounds like you peed you self.....
He heeee!!!!

Now, can any other vendor match Railroad Warehouse? Anyone? (insert sound of crickets chirping...)

rudd

Post by rudd » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:26 pm

he's good, indeed. Placed my order, went out the next day. Nice website.

In fairness, Gene Allen has been very reliable thus far as well.

Edit, RR Supply Warehouse has outdone themselves! I received my second copy of the engineering handbook today, and I only ordered one!
Last edited by rudd on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harlock

Post by Harlock » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:53 pm

I have railroad warehouse couplers on the Chloe, and his 1 1/2" top mount bell. Both are great. He makes nice stuff and provides good service online and on the phone.
San Lorezo Flume & Lumber Co. #2 - "Felton"
Live Steam Photography and more - www.mikemassee.com
Contributing Editor, Live Steam Magazine
Webmaster, Allen Models of Nevada

Steven E. Kuhn

Post by Steven E. Kuhn » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:21 pm

Gene Allen has a prompt turn around time. I've ordered from him many times. Superscale has a quick turn around time too. But I ordered some Winton parts from Terry Welshans on the 8th of March and received them today the 14th. Very happy with the parts and service.

Steve Kuhn

tburzio

Post by tburzio » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:37 am

Steven E. Kuhn wrote:Gene Allen has a prompt turn around time.
To qualify as a pain reliever, the supplier must have an online presence that includes good photographs and current prices. "Extra Strength" pain relievers also include an online purchase option.

FredR

Post by FredR » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Maximum Strength would be that he is also a participating member here on Chaski :-)
tburzio wrote:
Steven E. Kuhn wrote:Gene Allen has a prompt turn around time.
To qualify as a pain reliever, the supplier must have an online presence that includes good photographs and current prices. "Extra Strength" pain relievers also include an online purchase option.