RMI Railworks? Problems?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH, cbrew

PRR5406

RMI Railworks? Problems?

Post by PRR5406 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:19 am

We ordered a set of 1.6 scale couplers in February from RMI Railworks, in California. They sent over scale couplers and offered to exchange them for the correct model. The charge went through, but no replacement couplers and no telephone or email response. Anyone else having a problem with this firm or can offer an explanation other than the obvious deception?
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."

Kimball McGinley

Re: RMI Railworks? Problems?

Post by Kimball McGinley » Mon May 23, 2011 2:10 pm

I placed a couple orders within the last year or so and had no problems. One fellow who posts here works there, I believe, perhaps he may step in for you.

PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:20 pm

That would be most appreciated. Rather than getting his money back, the young man in question would rather have his couplers! I ordered from them last year and had no problem other than very slow service.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."

pockets

Post by pockets » Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 pm

I ordered 3-3/4" scale wheels and couplers, earlier this year, and recieved excellent service.

Greg B.
When the man at the door said, "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms," I naturally assumed it was a delivery.....

"From my cold, dead hand!" C. Heston

Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis » Mon May 23, 2011 10:43 pm

RMI is a subsidiary of Kearneys Metals in Fresno, Ca. If you can't get through on the RMI phone, try calling Kearneys at (800) 655-2590. You can do a net search for Kearneys Metals Fresno and get other phone numbers too.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 30 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.

aswright

Post by aswright » Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 am

You might want to consider calling Tom Bee for set of 1.6" scale couplers. I really like his; they're lost wax cast steel.

Tom's number is 248-435-3359 or his email is mrtombee@aol.com

bcody

Post by bcody » Tue May 24, 2011 1:20 am

If his couplers are simular in quality to his trucks they will be well worth the money.

i've got one pair of couplers I've been using for 10 years with no problems what so ever. Good products.

Bill

PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:57 am

Thank you, all, for your help. If anyone is directly connected to RMI, I'd like to talk to him.

Dick

Harlock

Post by Harlock » Tue May 24, 2011 10:37 am

You can also hit up Bob Kearny on Facebook. He's now using it as a line of communication and to advertise specials. There is an RMI page on Facebook as well.

I was just there yesterday in person; they're still alive...

-Mike
San Lorezo Flume & Lumber Co. #2 - "Felton"
Live Steam Photography and more - www.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada

tomc

Post by tomc » Tue May 24, 2011 12:39 pm

They are probaly out of stock and waiting for their order to come in. A note or call would be nice if that was the case. Can you confirm they got the "wrong parts" back?

Tom C.
tom_at_srclry_com
Lost somewhere in Michigan!

PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:28 pm

You guys are great. Thanks for all the help and leads.

srrl5

Post by srrl5 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:00 pm

When was the last time you contacted RMI. If it hasn't been sense February you are way to patient. They are human, make mistakes, if you didn't here anything in a couple weeks recontact them, maybe they lost, misplaced, forgot. Three months is a long time to finally post something, you have more patient then I.

Looking at your post it is hard to tell who you are. PRR5406 may not mean anything to someone working ar RMI. Makes it hard to get in contact with you. Looking at your profile I did not see a name listed.

David Rohrer
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.