RMI Railworks? Problems?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: Harold_V, WJH, cbrew

PRR5406

Re: RMI Railworks? Problems?

Post by PRR5406 » Wed May 25, 2011 6:01 am

David, telephone calls and repeated email have generated only bounced mail and no answers. I was unable to pull RMI up on Facebook. I'll try the whole route once more.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."

gwerhart0800

Post by gwerhart0800 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:50 am

PRR5406 wrote:David, telephone calls and repeated email have generated only bounced mail and no answers. I was unable to pull RMI up on Facebook. I'll try the whole route once more.
See if this link gets you to their Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Roll-Mode ... 1491861170

I have not ordered anything from them recently, but I have not had any issues with past orders.
George Erhart
Loveland, CO
https://lovelandcreatorspace.com

PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 » Wed May 25, 2011 4:59 pm

To sew this all up, it took four telephone calls from me, but I made contact with machinist Dave, at RMI. The returned couplers had been placed on the floor and remained unopened since February. He was personally taking it upon himself to make certain they went out this week. Apparently a change in the Kearney shipping procedures left this package overlooked. This was obviously a simple mistake that festered only because of oversight. I want to thank Dave for his taking charge and getting this resolved. Thank you all who responded with advice. If you come to Maine, you should steam with us on the Washington County Railroad, downeast, on the seacoast.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."

tburzio

Post by tburzio » Sun May 29, 2011 3:25 pm

What have we learned from this?

1) It is not up to the customer to check on an order. All vendors should communicate status changes with their customers. Monthly updates will be sent on any out of stock items.

2) Vendors will keep order books so as to avoid loosing an order. It's NEVER the fault of one of your subcontractors or suppliers.

3) Having a customer check on a bulletin board to see if you are still in business is "not a good thing" (tm).

Tony Burzio
San Diego, CA

Drgw50

Post by Drgw50 » Sun May 29, 2011 4:35 pm

After reading this, I suppose I'll call them tuesday and check on my order of truck parts. Still showing 'ordered' on my status. Hope that doesn't mean they have ordered something since I bought from their ' in stock depot'

P Ledbetter

Post by P Ledbetter » Sun May 29, 2011 11:44 pm

I have been a customer of there's for over 7 years and have never had any issue with orders from RMI

PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 » Mon May 30, 2011 6:36 am

Allow me to reiterate, RMI made a mistake and when I made contact with them, albeit through a series of attempts, made good on their bargain. Ever make a mistake? Happened to me. Anyway, placing an inquiry in this forum opened a conduit through which the purchase was resolved. RMI apologized and made good on their end of things.

Harold_V

Post by Harold_V » Mon May 30, 2011 1:58 pm

PRR5406 wrote: placing an inquiry in this forum opened a conduit through which the purchase was resolved. RMI apologized and made good on their end of things.
Pretty good evidence that stating facts will generally lead to resolution of problems. Going on the attack, putting a spin on truth tends to be counterproductive, as is third party commenting, which generally is not related to fact.

It's nice to see this problem resolved without rancor. I'm proud of you guys.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.

sabin

Post by sabin » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:06 pm

I sent an e-mail inquiry on Fri. Got a reply on Sat. As always great service from RMI.
Jim

PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:12 pm

The couplers arrived this weekend. Thank you, RMI.

bobbyk3

Post by bobbyk3 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Greg_Lewis wrote:RMI is a subsidiary of Kearneys Metals in Fresno, Ca. If you can't get through on the RMI phone, try calling Kearneys at (800) 655-2590. You can do a net search for Kearneys Metals Fresno and get other phone numbers too.
Actually, Roll Models is a division of K.B.W. Inc. Still owned by us Kearneys, but a different company. And the contact info should be as follows:
Kearneys' main office (559)233-2591
Roll Models (559)441-8686
My cell (Bobby Kearney) (559)908-9802
Email bobbyk@kearneymetals.com
My FB page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 2334568133
Roll Models FB page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 1491861170

As far as the problem some might have with Roll Models service....our greatest goal is to please, but we are a small company trying to do big things and that means the few people we do have are doing multiple tasks. I know that is not ideal, but that's what we are forced to do in this economy. When I do find an error on our side, and it will happen again I'm sure, I do everything in my power to make it right with the customer.
Thanks for your understanding!
Bobby

tomc

Post by tomc » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 am

Bobby, You can't say it any beter than that!

Tom C.
tom_at_srclry_com
Lost somewhere in Michigan!