Another piece of Live Steam History has been found.

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

dal455

Re: Another piece of Live Steam History has been found.

Post by dal455 »

Mike,

Look forward to your pictures following the 'tidy-up' rebuild. Now all of my mistakes and secrets have been found out!

Here is a view of our display in 1986 at Railfair San Francisco. In good company.

John
Attachments
Railfair 1986.jpg
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

This may be of some interest. it is from an issue of the old Model Craftsman Magazine.
Attachments
st 1.jpg
st 2.jpg
st 3.jpg
Tony Whitehorn

Post by Tony Whitehorn »

I report as an onlooker of Richard Stozenfels' shop behind his home on 5th St., Bakersfield, California. We were next door neighbors of Richard Stozenfel's family, 1952-1954. The track ran around his home and neighbor kids often had opportunities to ride behind his steam locomotive. Memory does not serve me to recall which locomotive he used to pull us, but I do recall he had two to four locomotives in various states of repair and development. Although his home was on 5th St., it was a corner lot and his shop was actually entered from Myrtle St. I remember him as a Fireman at Santa Fe RR. Over the years and to this day, I remember the pleasant smell of Mr. Stozenfels' shop - a mix of oils, grease and metal shavings emblazoned in my memory. They had a daughter, Suzie, who was an accomplished singer soloist. I seem to recall a son as well. I entered their home many times. Over the years, I have wondered what became of his locomotives and I am grateful to find comment here on that very subject.
paralleler

Post by paralleler »

Here's a movie of the GGLS High Track in operation around the 1950s that you might enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZtFZkSv-54