Falk No.1 Locomotive chassis

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

snowdrop

Falk No.1 Locomotive chassis

Post by snowdrop »

Hi, guys, this is my third topic in this forum. The first two are considered SPAM by Harold, I am sorry for that and I will stop posting like that. :(

Does anyone know the logging locomotive Falk No.1 from ELK RIVER MILL & LUMBER COMPANY? I am planning to build a model of it and try my best to make it identical to the real loco in G scale. I have collected some original photos of it and bought a book "Falk No. Locomotive" by William Harris. But that's not enough, I still need to know the structure of the chassis. Can anyone help me by providing more photos of the prototype loco? :x
Fred_V

Re: Falk No.1 Locomotive chassis

Post by Fred_V »

Jessie Livingston who used to post here built one in 7.5 ga.
Fred V
Pensacola, Fl.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

I dont know why the Harris book is not suffcient. Many builds have come off of there, in several scales. Although reputed to be a weak steamer, it does work. Cheers.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
tailshaft56

Post by tailshaft56 »

I believe Kozo has a book out on the Falk He built.
Dennis

Thermal Arc 185-TS
Millermatic Challenger 172
Victor O/A
Atlas Craftsman 12 by 24 Lathe
Esab PCM-875
Wholesale Tool Mill-Drill
snowdrop

Post by snowdrop »

steamin10 wrote:I dont know why the Harris book is not suffcient. Many builds have come off of there, in several scales. Although reputed to be a weak steamer, it does work. Cheers.
Yes, it does provide me much help! But I still have doubts in dimensions it states. So I hope to get the information and photos of the prototype. I think the information will be much more reliable.
pockets

Post by pockets »

The prototype was featured, years ago, in the Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazzette.

Greg B.
When the man at the door said, "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms," I naturally assumed it was a delivery.....

"From my cold, dead hand!" C. Heston