3/4'' Grand Trunk 2-8-2

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Stuie

3/4'' Grand Trunk 2-8-2

Post by Stuie »

Hi everyone out at Waushakum. Does anyone know if the Elesco Feed Water Heater system on Steve Bratina's (originally George Dimond's) Grand Trunk 2-8-2 in 3/4'' scale was bought from castings or scratch built? If they were from castings I would be very curious to where they came from and if there is still an available set in existence.
Attachments
050.PNG
3/4" scale LBSC Bantam Cock
3/4" scale B4 project (re-designed LBSC Juliet)
- Stuart T. Harrod -
elm53

Re: 3/4'' Grand Trunk 2-8-2

Post by elm53 »

Stuie,
That mikado started out as a Maine Central mike without the feedwater heater. George added the dummy heater when he converted it to the Grand Trunk version. That heater as well as most of the locomotive are scratch built,excepting cylinders,drivers,
domes, couplers and pockets. George worked ,like many of his contemporaries, from the Locomotive Cyclopidia,and scaled up drawings as needed.
Larry
Pat Fahey

Re: 3/4'' Grand Trunk 2-8-2

Post by Pat Fahey »

Hi Stuie

George's Mike , I just got done writing and article about that engine , for the Waushakum Journal , before she was a Grand Trunk Light Mike , she started as a Maine Central USRA Mike . Here is a shot of her taken 4/10/1988 at old Norfolk street track site , by me from slide , Pat WLS.
Attachments
George Dimond at old track , Photo by Pat Fahey
George Dimond at old track , Photo by Pat Fahey