Steam to the rescue

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

ToddC

Re: Steam to the rescue

Post by ToddC »

First, a thank you to everyone for the kind words. Right now the engine is 7.5", however we do have a set of 7.25 tender trucks and axles for the engine in the works so we will be able to make the trips to some of the New England tracks. This engine is our bolt together kit that is in production. If anyone would like more information or pictures please stop by our webpage or our Facebook page that is listed below.

Todd

https://www.facebook.com/GodshallCustom ... ef=tn_tnmn

http://www.godshallscustommachining.com/
1bigjohn

Post by 1bigjohn »

At speed on the grade looking good. This is the 2nd time the 2-8-2 has been fired.

John C Geib
Jbt68

Post by Jbt68 »

The videos would have been all the better without my big head blocking the camera the whole time! That was a great day. It nearly brought tears to your eyes to watch the steamers move that broken diesel train up the grade!!
Even in the dungheap a busy hen can bring forth a tasty corn - Johannes Kepler
Andrew Pugh

Post by Andrew Pugh »

The grade at the beginning of the 2nd video (Hill Climb Part 1) looks very heavy. Do you know what it is?

The steam locos sounded excellent working hard.

EDIT: What kind of resistance would the deadheading Dash 9s be giving?
ToddC

Post by ToddC »

Andrew, I am not sure what the grade is, it gets progressively steeper around the bend. I would say it is around 2%. The dash 9s are pretty heavy. Even with the bypass open on them like they were it takes 2-3 people to push them on level track.

Todd