Passing of Bob Patterson

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Highiron

Passing of Bob Patterson

Post by Highiron »

My long time friend Bob Patterson passed way in Largo Florida last night.
some of you on the list here knew him well.
Bob was a locomotive engineer at Steamtown for more than 20 years I was his fireman and together we logged thousands, and thousands of miles running excursions on the CN 3254 and CP 2317. over the old DL&W and D&H mains

I introduced Bob to live steam 20 years ago and he traveled to many meets with me, he was always glad to talk railroading with everyone and share his experiences with them. He was alway willing to teach and help others learn he was working on building a Little Engines modern Mogul with his grandson Ryan....hopefully Ryan will be able finish it in Grandpas memory

Bob could always be spotted with his big smile and his coffee cup in hand...have to laugh, we used to keep a small coofee maker in the booth at some of the steam shows just so Bob had coffee at hand

for those of us that knew him he will be sadly missed...my heart goes out to his family

Rest in peace my friend

Mike Venezia

LtoR Bob Paterson, Harry W. (Amtrak Guest), Mike Venezia, Leo Czerek
Bob-Harry-Mike-Leo3254 small.jpg
Mike and Bob (prior to burning off my mustache)
Bob and Mike 3254 2.jpg
Steam Engine Dan

Re: Passing of Bob Patterson

Post by Steam Engine Dan »

im sorry to hear about bob mike, I remember when I attended railcamp in 2004 and he was there a lot. I especially remember it was on Thursday I think it was. and we were having lunch out in the yard. so some of us kids were walking around and 3254 was getting ready to do a shuttle train run, and i had my black NJLS t-shirt on. and as i was looking at the engine he spotted me from the cab and he said hey are you a live steamer? i said yea, he say's cool me too. and we started talking up a storm. and he let me come up in the cab for a bit.

real nice guy, im gonna miss him.

Dan
Dave_Johnson

Post by Dave_Johnson »

So sorry to hear of Bob's passing. I will take a lap around the track for him the next time I fire up.

Dave J.
Winchester VA
pkeiser

Post by pkeiser »

Bob will be greatly missed. If the Lord has steam engines in heaven a new engineer is on the roster. Our prayers for his family.
www.chaski.com
bteerlin

Post by bteerlin »

Bob will be missed by all who knew him and his humor. Highball Bob.