Pennsy Locomotives Kept Alive?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

PRR5406

Pennsy Locomotives Kept Alive?

Post by PRR5406 »

Friends: I am hoping to put an article together depicting Pennsylvania Railroad/LIRR locomotives kept alive in live steam. Principally, I'd like 1", 1.5", 1.6", locos. These should be of all steam classes and highly detailed Diesels and electrics. Shots taken while the loco is running, perhaps low to the track, and showing detail are best. If the best shots are in the steaming bay, but of unique quality, I would be pleased to look them over. Builders style broadsides of locomotives are acceptable as well. Please include the locomotive's present owner, and the photographer for credit. Formats should be high quality JPEG's or TIFF's.
I know of locomotives in almost every steam class having been modeled, so the more unique the picture, the better. THere are some great electrics out there, and even the Diesels can show dedication to PRR details.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Dick

Please, no shots taken off the net as a third party!
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
PRR5406

Re: Pennsy Locomotives Kept Alive?

Post by PRR5406 »

I am looking for a really good image of the model Pennsy Q2, located in the mid-west. Also the DD1's on Long Island.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."