Train Mountain 2015 Triennial Registration Now Open

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Donhost4449

Train Mountain 2015 Triennial Registration Now Open

Post by Donhost4449 »

2015 Triennial Registration is officially open! After many LONG hours put in by several Train Mountain volunteers, we are now ready to accept registrant information. The fee schedule is attached to this post, and the link to register is here:

http://www.tmrrmembers.org/TriennialSignup0.aspx

Hope to see you ALL in 2015 at Train Mountain on June 13th-21st for the Triennial work-week, and June 22nd-28th for the Triennial!

Chris Donhost
TM Volunteer

PS- There is still time to enter in the Train Mountain video contest with a chance to win your 2015 membership and meet fees paid for! For more information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XsngrBGyN8

PPS- The 2102 Triennial Trailer, to give those who have never been an idea of what TM is like:

http://youtu.be/Lol2i0vwLCY
Attachments
2015 Triennial Fees-SM.jpg
Building a Fitchburg Northern (build log): www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=107249

My YouTube Videos: www.youtube.com/user/donhost4449/videos
mattmason

Re: Train Mountain 2015 Triennial Registration Now Open

Post by mattmason »

So it's $150 PLUS the $75 for membership if I want to go it sounds like? So really registration for non members (family) starts at $225, correct?
Matt Mason
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

Once again they've made it a bit complicated, but here's how I see it for my family using the rate that expires at the end of this month:

Base "family" rate - $90 (really just $10 off your spouse, kids not included, they should call it the 'couples' rate)
add one kid under 12 - $30

(the "family max" option where kids are actually included in the 'family' price does not save anything unless you have 3 or more kids)

Then RV parking for 7 nights @ $5 / night = $35.00

Then a regular train mountain family membership = $75 (which DOES include kids)

Total is $230.

The trip is already going to be fabulously expensive when counting a rental RV and gas to get it and the truck + box trailer up to Oregon from Southern California. This is actually a pretty small part of my total expenses. It will be about as much as a trip to Hawaii.

Honestly, for the amount of track, property and amenities you're getting access to it's not really a lot, but for families on a budget it does add up in a big way, especially if you come up in a smaller vehicle and tent camp, suddenly it's a major expense in comparison. It's a good thing it's only once every three years. With the membership however I will probably take advantage of it to make some smaller trips up there during the year, fall colors and narrow gauge meet for example. that's probably the biggest offset to the fact that you have to get a membership, if you take advantage of it.

I am likely taking some friends' equipment up and also another friend will be staying with us to help offset expenses.

-M
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
cbrew

Post by cbrew »

buts its still a small price to pay for having access to such a place.
see you all there,,,, hell or high water :)
If it is not live steam. its not worth it.
Goose

Post by Goose »

Although I'm not sure yet, if I will come over, I will send in my registration at the end of this month.
If I cannot come, it's my way to support TM and all the volunteers their.
Greetings from Germany
Hubert The Goose
http://www.7-plus-ngm.org/pcr
http://www.7-plus-ngm.org
wmegilljr

Post by wmegilljr »

For those of you that are members of TM, I have what I thought was a simple question, but I am finding it hard to get the answer (or at least the same answer from more then one person) Sorry if this will cause any debate, but here is my question. Steam Locos fired by coal or oil, can they run north of the road or not? i would like to go to TM for the Triennial but with close to a 20 hour drive and not having very much free time (own my own business) i wold like to know what parts of the railroad I can run my trains on.

Thank you
gnsteam

Post by gnsteam »

I'm looking at visiting TM for the first time, during the Triennial for a couple days. What is the cost of a day pass for an adult?
Fred
cbrew

Post by cbrew »

wmegilljr wrote:For those of you that are members of TM, I have what I thought was a simple question, but I am finding it hard to get the answer (or at least the same answer from more then one person) Sorry if this will cause any debate, but here is my question. Steam Locos fired by coal or oil, can they run north of the road or not? i would like to go to TM for the Triennial but with close to a 20 hour drive and not having very much free time (own my own business) i wold like to know what parts of the railroad I can run my trains on.

Thank you
the current rules only allow propane fired steam locos north of the road, its been that way for a number of years now.
that being said, there is still a LOT of track south of the road.
If it is not live steam. its not worth it.
Donhost4449

Post by Donhost4449 »

gnsteam wrote:I'm looking at visiting TM for the first time, during the Triennial for a couple days. What is the cost of a day pass for an adult?
It depends on if you are bringing equipment to run:

http://www.tmrrmembers.org/Member_Portal.aspx

Chris Donhost
Building a Fitchburg Northern (build log): www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=107249

My YouTube Videos: www.youtube.com/user/donhost4449/videos
Superberky1204

Post by Superberky1204 »

Three of us are traveling from Pennsylvania. All are retired and on fixed income. You folks on the west coast should not complain about cost. We are already new members and registered. You have to pay to play. 2 of us have not missed a Triennial! Train Mountain is not a cheap place to operate.

Bruce