Riverside Live Steamers Fall Meet

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Snajrog

Re: Riverside Live Steamers Fall Meet

Post by Snajrog »

I've been out of the live steam loop for the past several months due to my Father's battle with, and subsequent loss to, cancer, so to be able to attend the Fall Meet at Riverside Live Steamers and focus on playing trains was a nice break.
I'm happy to say that my locomotive and train ran for ten hours straight, and the only reason it was shut down at 8pm was a very small spring on the oiler. Fellow member Cameron McMonigle was all too excited when I told him he was welcome to run it into the night after I decided to leave at 4pm. And Cameron was engineer for a good portion of the day as well.
The consist ran straight and true and the 100% AUTOMATIC air brakes with John Kelso's brake valve worked every time, all the time. Those brakes are the best thing I ever did to that train. They provide a nice level of mental comfort and are easy to use.
Here are a couple videos and a picture. Hopefully others can share some of their photo work of the Fall Meet as there were a lot of folks running this weekend.
Thanks, Jeff

Attachments
RLSFallMeetWW.jpg
The other railroad passion...signals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkrqXNjF4YA
chooch

Post by chooch »

Very Sorry to read of the loss of your Father, Jeff
It`s a tough thing to have.
chooch
GeorgeT

Post by GeorgeT »

I would like the thank the RLS members for their hospitality, a great group that put one fun meet.

George T
GeorgeT
Jim_Nolan

Post by Jim_Nolan »

Just back from my week in LA and a big thanks to all at the Riverside club who made me feel so welcome. Thanks also to Jim, Jack, Bruno and Howard for loading me up with lots of goodies for 765. High point for me of course was the three Berkshires in action on the main line. It was good to meet up with Tom and Gil again and new Owner Garry who all put on a splendid show.

Gil Tom and Garry leave for the photo shoot

http://www.northernsteam.com/assets/ima ... 20(36).jpg

1.1/2 scale superpower

Getting a little restless and the safeties are lifting

www.northernsteam.com