Need help with Hyundai hit15/seimens controls

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

wearda calipers

Need help with Hyundai hit15/seimens controls

Post by wearda calipers »

Hi, I am new to this machine and need help with the Seimens controls. I am not smart enough to program the g code so I want to use the "WOP Program" mode. It is Seimans conversational programming mode (WOP is Workplace Oriented Programming not a slam to Italians!). I stumbled on to it and had a part programmed in 15 minutes but didn't know how to save it. I deleted some old programs left from the previous owners and now can't seem to find my way back. Anyone here familiar with this control?

Thanks, Bob
RET

Re: Need help with Hyundai hit15/seimens controls

Post by RET »

Hi wearda calipers,

I'm not familiar with the control you have, but by using Google to find information it seems that the WOP programming will limit you to simple parts.

Even although "WOP" may be easy & would get you started, you should put learning "G" code on your "to do" list. If you want a good, free tutorial (about 80 pages), go to sherline.com/CNCinstructions.htm. There you can download a free pdf file that will start you off on the right foot. While it is aimed at their little Sherline CNC mill, the "G" code writing instructions apply to "G" code for any machine.

For relatively simple parts, I write the "G" code manually. Sometimes I break the code up into several programs with separate names (see "Richard's latest project) if that makes things easier. Since I don't have a tool changer, that makes sense for the part shown there because it needs 3 different cutters. For complex parts, you are still going to need CADCAM software that will write the code for you. The little shield I made for Big Boy is a perfect example of that because there are over 900 lines of "G" code to cut the letters and numbers on the shield. I wouldn't have a prayer of doing that by hand!

Hope this helps.

Richard Trounce.
Bill Shields

Re: Need help with Hyundai hit15/seimens controls

Post by Bill Shields »

What do you need to know about WOP?

Hope you read / write German and intend to work to DIN STANDARDS, because much of WOP is designed around these concepts, and most have not been translated.

I can help you get started and productive in WOP but it is by far not the easiest way down the yellow brick road.

Is it a 15 or 15S -> and does it have the 840 C or D control?
Too many things going on to bother listing them.