Underhand Tactics by UK CNC business!

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

Magicniner

Underhand Tactics by UK CNC business!

Post by Magicniner »

CNC4You in the UK are using a one letter spelling variation in the domain (by dropping one "P" ) to try to direct customers looking for Zapp Automation in the UK to the wrong site presumably in the hope of hijacking some business, on the .com variant they are even suppressing their own business name and logo the better to fool customers so there is obviously nefarious intent there!
I urge anyone who abhors this kind of behaviour to let CNC4you know that,
Regards,
Nick
Magicniner

Re: Underhand Tactics by UK CNC business!

Post by Magicniner »

Well they appear to have stopped doing this for the time being, but it's a really crappy trick to have come up with in the first place!
I will still never spend a dime with them after this scam.

- Nick
ctwo

Post by ctwo »

What was the trick? I see that the same person registered both the cnc and zapa... sites. The zapa site is not loading anything now. Was it hosting a fake site and trying to impersonate the zappa site?
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
Magicniner

Post by Magicniner »

One of the "fake" sites was definitely "passing off" as it suppressed it's real owner's business name.
They stopped doing it as soon as it was highlighted across social media and cnc related sites.
It's all still available to view on wayback machine's cache of the sites.