TMC 1000

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

ray299

TMC 1000

Post by ray299 »

Just got a TMC 100. I was told it ran fine- no problems but I know nothing about it. I currently use Mastercam to write Gcode and send it to a dynapath mill. It would be great if I could plug and play this mill with the same computer. The mill did not have any computer or software. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to start looking at this bad boy?
GlennW

Re: TMC 1000

Post by GlennW »

Welcome to the group!

Here is another TMC 1000 thread from the CNC forum. It may be of some help.

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/vie ... =9&t=90458
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
V8 BUG

Post by V8 BUG »

That's my machine in the other thread. You found a good machine. I love that little machine. Very capable. I have cut several things on it. See my other thread labeled valve cover badges. I used a g540 with stepper motors from Keling. Kept the speed control from the original machine. I didn't have the original computer with mine so using all of the original electronics was not an option.

Kevin
BUILDING IT IS MORE FUN THAN BUYING IT
ray299

Post by ray299 »

V8 BUG wrote:That's my machine in the other thread. You found a good machine. I love that little machine. Very capable. I have cut several things on it. See my other thread labeled valve cover badges. I used a g540 with stepper motors from Keling. Kept the speed control from the original machine. I didn't have the original computer with mine so using all of the original electronics was not an option.

Kevin
Kevin- i have everything but the card that the black box connects to in the computer.
I was told to look at a geco drive but i don't know what that means... think u can explain
To me how to hook this thing up to the computer? I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to putting this thing together... thanks in advance.
V8 BUG

Post by V8 BUG »

Hi Ray,
I used a Gecko G540 driver board with 3 new stepper motors and a new power supply. I purchased my stuff from Keling on line. There were no problems with any of the parts. The hardest thing was to solder the cable ends onto the wires to hook up the new motors. I use Mach 3 to drive (talk to) the Gecko board through the parallel port on the windows xp computer. To mount the gecko drive in the original case i cut a hole in the back and screwed the board in. There is a template on the Gecko web site for the hole to cut.

Ask away here If i cannot answer the questions I am sure someone here can help. There are alot of intelligent people here. Marty E was a great help to me as i started this project with little knowledge of home cnc stuff.

Kevin
BUILDING IT IS MORE FUN THAN BUYING IT
backyard_cnc

Post by backyard_cnc »

I see this thread is older but I thought I would mention I have one of these mills and just love it. Mine still runs with its original controls and interface board. I may someday convert it to MACH3 just to get a 4th axis but it seems that might only happen if I have issues with the original set-up.

Gerald