Hello

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

Fabitfast

Hello

Post by Fabitfast »

Any suggestions where to purchase some saw blades for metal cutting ?
Bill Shields

Re: Hello

Post by Bill Shields »

hack saw, band saw, what metal - aluminum, titanium, inconel???? :?:
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Are you serious?
Fabitfast wrote:I might be a day late for this thread but I guess this would still be relevant to this thread. My blades are German engineered, American made which means I have good quality blades. They have lesser price tags than other blades in the market. I got them from xxxxxxxxx.com. I always get discounts on volume purchases plus fast shipping. I guess nothing tops my source for blades so far!
I have seen similar posts by you on PM regarding band saw blades as well...

Are you looking for blades, or advertising by asking, and then conveniently posting a link to where you "found" them? :wink:

There is a specfic forum here for "commercial Advertisements" that you are welcome to post in anytime.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Glenn:

There you go, ruining my intended waste of his time.....like he is wasting ours. :P
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
oldvan

Post by oldvan »

Fabitfast wrote:Any suggestions where to purchase some saw blades for metal cutting ?
WalMart. While you are there, grab some Scope to cover your breath, it smells like spam. :mrgreen:
ronm

Post by ronm »

Harbor Freight used to have 100 hacksaw blades for 15 bucks...can't get much better than that! :?
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

ronm wrote:Harbor Freight used to have 100 hacksaw blades for 15 bucks...can't get much better than that! :?
Ahhhhh yes.... Horror Freight hacksaw blades.....
Made of an exclusive carbon-steel and peanut-butter alloy.....
Might be some jelly in them too.....

Years ago, I bought my youngest son a HF tool set. Primarily....to keep him outa my stuff....and I figured I wouldn't be out much if he left 'em out all over...like he did with my Proto, Craftsman & Snap On. The sockets, wrenches, & screwdrivers....notso bad. And he still has most of 'em. Pliers.... OK if you didn't use 'em.
The hacksaw, and the dozen blades that came with it.......you should not be able to tie a knot in a hacksaw blade....

:)
Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
ronm

Post by ronm »

warmstrong1955 wrote:
ronm wrote:Harbor Freight used to have 100 hacksaw blades for 15 bucks...can't get much better than that! :?
.......you should not be able to tie a knot in a hacksaw blade....:)
Bill
The ones I had you could definitely not tie a knot in them-they were more prone to shatter like glass if you pushed a little too hard... :) They would either explode on the first couple strokes, or actually work for a while...
That was one of the first things I ever bought from HF, back when they were just sending out little mimeographed flyers.
warmstrong1955

Post by warmstrong1955 »

ronm wrote:
warmstrong1955 wrote:
.......you should not be able to tie a knot in a hacksaw blade....:)
Bill
The ones I had you could definitely not tie a knot in them-they were more prone to shatter like glass if you pushed a little too hard... :) They would either explode on the first couple strokes, or actually work for a while...
That was one of the first things I ever bought from HF, back when they were just sending out little mimeographed flyers.
The difference between blades built on Monday.......and Friday night maybe..... ????

:lol:
Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
ronm

Post by ronm »

warmstrong1955 wrote: The difference between blades built on Monday.......and Friday night maybe..... ????
Bill
Well, I had another theory, but Harold removed it... :oops:
I think he automatically looks at all my posts... :twisted:
smart man, that Harold...
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

ronm wrote:
warmstrong1955 wrote: The difference between blades built on Monday.......and Friday night maybe..... ????
Bill
Well, I had another theory, but Harold removed it... :oops:
You just can't trust some guys! :lol:
I think he automatically looks at all my posts... :twisted:
Yep! I do.
However, not because I'm gunning for you. I read ALL posts, and pay particular attention to those from folks I like. I happen to like you, and that's fact! :wink:
smart man, that Harold...
Heh! There are many who would argue that notion. Even me. If I'm so damned smart, why do I moderate this board? :lol:

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
ronm

Post by ronm »

Harold_V wrote: Even me. If I'm so damned smart, why do I moderate this board? :lol:
Harold
Don't know what makes you do it, but I hope you keep it up, Harold...