Tree Journeyman 325 CNC Mill - Dynapath System 10

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

bloomngtonmike

Re: Tree Journeyman 325 CNC Mill - Dynapath System 10

Post by bloomngtonmike »

Id be interested in any system 20 info doc available.
fahrphrompuken

Post by fahrphrompuken »

I have been watching this thread, and I just wanted to chime in and clarify whether or not you are dealing with an Autocon SYSTEM 10, or an Autocon Dynapath DELTA 10. There is a huge difference. The Delta models start with the model 10, then 20, 30, 40 , 50, and then the latest ones at 2000. I do not recall ever seeing any J325s with a SYSTEM 10 control, although I could be wrong.
I just finished (almost) restoring a J320 that had been upgraded to a Delta 10 (from a System 10). I recently purchased the Install, and CIM directly from Dynapath ($200 each). Even for its age, the Delta controls are very powerful and fairly easy to operate. Now I am not an old pro with this setup, but would be happy to answer any questions, or at least attempt to answer any questions.
The Install manual contains all of the Commissioning data, and connector pinouts. If you need a page or two from that I would be happy to help.

Bill
race5050

Post by race5050 »

Sorry its been a while since i've been on the board. I fixed all of the electronics problems and the machine works real nice now. Troubleshooting the electronics in the power supply and control board took a while but not that bad. Then I spent some time changing out my rotary phase converter from a 2hp to a 5 hp to handle the load of the J325 spindle motor. You know buying the capacitors, magnetic contactors, momentary switches, etc... To do it right. Then of course family responsibilities. So here I am almost spring of 2014 and haven't used the machine much. I made a nice Cat 40 tool holder fixture using my lathe and the J325 to mill some cavities on it so i can tighten tools easily but not much else. I really have get more projects going otherwise i feel kind of dumb with a 4500 lb machine gathering dust in my garage.
race5050

Post by race5050 »

Oh, and yes I have a System 10 on my J325. I slso have the original schematic plans provided by dynapath with the machine.
race5050

Post by race5050 »

Russ, i cant thank you enough for the manual. There's no way i could use the machine without it. I got the mill fully operational shortly after you sent the manual. I had to take a few months off from machining due to family, new job, setting up larger phase rotary converter, and the holidays but starting again and luvin it. Thanks again!
wilsonmachine

Post by wilsonmachine »

Can I get a copy of the manual too please??