POST PROCESSOR

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

Mid Day Machining

POST PROCESSOR

Post by Mid Day Machining »

I have a friend who just bought a used knee mill with a Anilam 6000 control on it. He has asked if I know anyone who might have a Mastercam post processor for that control yuy would care to share.

Thanks on his behalf.

Steve
You can buy good parts, or you can buy cheap parts, but you can't buy good cheap parts.
gcarsen

Re: POST PROCESSOR

Post by gcarsen »

what version of Mastercam is he running? big difference! newer than 10 and its a C++ format, 9 and below its a word program format that is supper easy to modify!!
from my memory the anilam control is a goofy one! the control runs off the canned conversational units. when using the tool offsets things can get bad fast! done it in the past thought! my memory says I just used a common Fanuc post and it worked.
Grant
gcarsen

Post by gcarsen »

One of the problems with the 6000 that I had, it was tooted as a 3 axis machine. actually its a 2.5 axis. it will cut straight cuts in all 3 axis. but not an arc in all 3 axis. the control will cut arcs in x and y, but when you move the arc into a z move combined with x, or y, not both at the same time. you need to reset the "contour plane" as I remember, then back when you go to cutting arc in other planes! a real pain and hidden deeply in the manuals.
I had no problem doing standard "box, or square" work, with mastercam so it can be done, just be warned surfacing is another deal. they always showed the machine cutting the mustang emblem, but never discussed the issues to get there! I had mine for about 3 years before I got a normal machining center!
Grant
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

many full 3 axis controls will not do helical motion so in many cases you have to chop it up into little segments.

For example: on most Fanuc controls, it is an option that you must purchase on an otherwise full 3 axis (or more) machine.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Mid Day Machining

Post by Mid Day Machining »

Fanuc controls are a real pain. I had a machine in the early 80's that had 7.6K memory. It had a tape reader but I didn't have a tape punch. Fanuc controls are so user unfriendly it's almost like the cycle start button is an option.

Helical interpolation was standard on my Fadal and my Haas.

Heck, even my Tormach does helical l interpolation and it didn't cost anything even close to what a Fanuc controlled machine would cost.
You can buy good parts, or you can buy cheap parts, but you can't buy good cheap parts.