TMC1000 mill user interface software?

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

ray299

TMC1000 mill user interface software?

Post by ray299 »

ok, let me start by saying I'm not a computer guy but I can find myself around 2D Mastercam to cut 2D parts... I picked up a tmc1000 benchtop mill, then I picked up an older dell comuter, then a pci card to hook up the mill controller to... I have Mastercam... now I need some sort of user interface software so I can reference, set zeros and jog the mill... In the stuff I have the tmc1000 I found a floppy by Microsolutions labeled Matchpoint-PC. Is this the software I need for the user interface? If so, how do I get it to usable media since computers don't have floppy drives anymore?
Might it be easier to find a different user interface software? Are there any out there for cheap or free?
Thanks in advance guys- this is a project I've been working on, off and on, for a year or two...
ray299

Re: TMC1000 mill user interface software?

Post by ray299 »

OK, just researched matchpoint pc.. if I am correct, this floppy is ment to be downloaded on an ibm computer so it can read and write floppies in a pc format... so I'm pretty sure this is not what I need regarding a user interface for the mill.... I also found Spectra cam master discs but when I put them in, my computer can not read the files.... not sure what is on these discs...
dly31

Post by dly31 »

Can't help with your software but USB floppy drives are cheap and readily available. Some just need to be plugged into a USB port and some have separate power supplies.
Don Young
Chips

Post by Chips »

Hi ray299,
I recently acquired a TMC1000 and a box full of discs and manuals, spare parts etc.
If you need some of the original software, that you think you may be missing, let me know and I will go dive in the box to see what I have.

Steve