Anyone Familiar with Micro Mill DSLS 3000?

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

SteveHGraham

Anyone Familiar with Micro Mill DSLS 3000?

Post by SteveHGraham »

I have a bad habit of looking at ads when I don't want to buy anything. Tonight I saw that some guy is advertising a Micro Mill DSLS 3000 4-axis CNC mill for $800 with tooling, controller, and Mach 3. He claims it's like new.

I have no need of this thing, but it retails for $3700, and I assume that software could also be used for a lathe. It might be a nice way to learn about CNC milling on the cheap.

Is anyone here familiar with this mill? It's based on a Taig. Very small, but might be fun.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
ctwo

Re: Anyone Familiar with Micro Mill DSLS 3000?

Post by ctwo »

That sounds like a good deal given prices I've seen (things here are expensive, though). It would be a good sale for 2 grand around here.

You might want to verify with the developer, Arcsoft, that the Mach3 license is NOT transferable, unless you are getting from a reseller or the license has not been registered. I would verify that if the cost is important.
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
FLSTEAM

Post by FLSTEAM »

If you can't go look at it and the seller will ship it to you, watch out for a scam.

John B.
WJH

Post by WJH »

If its legit and 800$, buy it and who cares if Mach3 is good or not. At that price it more than makes up for a new license.
Rex

Post by Rex »

that is based on the Taig.
Buy it, or tell me where to buy it ;)
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

It's apparently a scam. I sent an email asking if I could see it run, and they never replied.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.