D&M 4 Mill Help

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

bbouska

Re: D&M 4 Mill Help

Post by bbouska »

I got the mill's axis' to spin and work while connected to the computer, the only question I have now is how did you guys get the spindle to operate manually? getting the spindle to operate should be the last piece of the puzzle. I used a sound logic breakout board and I am not certain if there is any spindle control on that same board.
systemslave

Post by systemslave »

bbouska wrote:I got the mill's axis' to spin and work while connected to the computer, the only question I have now is how did you guys get the spindle to operate manually? getting the spindle to operate should be the last piece of the puzzle. I used a sound logic breakout board and I am not certain if there is any spindle control on that same board.
Brandon,

Your mill has a different spindle controller board than mine, but it will work similarly. On the front panel of the mill there is a knob you can turn. That is a potentiometer. It functions as a voltage divider to tell the board how fast you want the spindle to turn. Well, it functions that way with all the D&M stuff working. You can run three wires from that potentiometer back to your spindle controller board (the ASP-7) and run the spindle with the knob. If you want my help with that just let me know. Mine connects on 1,3, &4. If you don't know what you are doing please ask for help. That is a nice board and it would be a shame to burn it up.

--warning I just expanded the picture you took of your DC motor controller (the ASP-7) and the connectors you want will not be 1,3,&4 like mine. If you take a close up of the smaller colored wires (not the red and black pairs) where they connect to the board it would help. What I am really looking for is what is printed on the board under those wires. Also, those three wires should run back to a D&M board and connect with a single header. A picture of that connection would help. I have been unable to find documentation on the AnySpeed ASP-7 board. You don't happen to have the docs?
Last edited by systemslave on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
systemslave

Post by systemslave »

motor controller
motor controller
This is what we want to see. It is the corner of the board where the control wires connect. On my board there is even a handy little diagram of a 10k potentiometer and how to connect it. Care to guess the size of that potentiometer on the face of your cabinet?
Jon.unique

Labvolt cnc

Post by Jon.unique »

I know this is old post but im trying to hook up a cheap msch3 bob to my labvolt

I got all axis cannected and to jog...now im trying to connect spindle

Can somrone assist
Jon.unique

Post by Jon.unique »

Some pics
20210804_113852.jpg
20210804_113852.jpg
20210804_113905.jpg
20210804_164922.jpg
20210804_113905.jpg
Attachments