CNC mill conversion questions

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

GlennW

Re: CNC mill conversion questions

Post by GlennW »

Well, after North of a year and a half, It's up and running again and making parts! :D

I had forgotten how much fun this was...
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Right on Glenn. Glad its up and running again. Hope the bill wasn't too painful.

I am in the tail end of converting my 10x54 CNC Mill from a Mitutoyo Millstar III control over to a Centroid All in One DC. I'd fogotten to mention I have been posting progress videos on my YouTube channel, martyscncgarage. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTNt9I ... wnjzer6GVQ
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Fortunately, it was at no additional cost.

I had received the new processor and got it all hooked up and running. The first program I needed to run was about 6000 lines of code so when I started the buffered input it ran for a few hundred lines and through up a "Buffered Input" fault and shut down. I started the program over a few times and it faulted in roughly the same place. I gave up and split the program into segments and sent it to the machines memory a segment at a time and was able to get it done.

The next day I called the service guy and he suggested I try something, so I referenced the machine and when I sent the program to it everything went upside down and a bunch of jibberish appeared on the screen and that was the end of it.

I took it back apart and shipped the entire computer/processor to them and now it's back and running again.

I seldom use the machine, but when I do it's invaluable!
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!