Short Power Feed

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

mike71

Short Power Feed

Post by mike71 »

I'm wanting to add a power feed to my mill, but the only ones I see hang to far down to work on my table top mill...

Any ideas ?
Black_Moons

Post by Black_Moons »

Make your own :) its not that hard to make one that for example just sits 'inline' with the table and eats more room along the X axis insted of sitting under the table.
Inspector

Post by Inspector »

http://www.shars.com/products/view/370/ ... ET_Machine

http://www.cdcotools.com/index.php

These type may fit. The minor disadvantage is they sit higher than the table so long stuff needs to be on blocks to clear.

Pete
dly31

Post by dly31 »

I think the accessory power feeds can be installed with the motor pointing in directions other than straight down, if that might work.
JimGlass

Post by JimGlass »

Mike;

I had the same issues with the store bought power feeds as you. I also wanted the power feed to be on the left side of the table.

Here is a power feed I rigged up 10 years ago and still use.

I used a DC gearmotor and wired in a double pole double throw switch for forward/off/reverse. When the power feed is not being used I remove the belt. I slip the belt back on in just a few seconds to get the power feed ready to use.

Works for me.

Jim
Tool & Die Maker/Electrician, Retired 2007

So much to learn and so little time.

www.outbackmachineshop.com