Basic Operation Question

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

gangel99

Post by gangel99 »

I did think of that however the countersink is 82 degrees. For a 3/8" screw the head is just about 3/4" in diameter - seems huge compared to cap or hex head. I'll recheck the catalogs but I don't think I saw spot drills at 82 degrees.

Whatever I wind up doing I really appreciate the education I am getting from your replies. :)
Inspector

Post by Inspector »

gangel99 wrote:I did think of that however the countersink is 82 degrees. For a 3/8" screw the head is just about 3/4" in diameter - seems huge compared to cap or hex head. I'll recheck the catalogs but I don't think I saw spot drills at 82 degrees.

Whatever I wind up doing I really appreciate the education I am getting from your replies. :)
When you said chamfer I incorrectly assumed you wanted an edge break to the hole and not a countersink for the screw head.

Pete