SOUTHPASS's little loco.

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

Post by 6491 »

G,day....As I have not had the body off in the 12 months since putting the loco on the track I thought that some photo's of the inside workings would be handy. The reason for taking body off was to fit digital speedo unit. Turned up nylon wheel to carry magnet for sender and fitted to rear layshaft. First photo shows shaft end in bearing.

Next is just some of the wiring. Fuse and wire hanging down have since been fastened in a better fashion :)

At present I am running two 300 watt motors and two 500 watt controllers. Last week I picked up six 200 watt motors on EBay for $42, so am thinking of trying two of these and then I can use just one controller.

On righthand side where cable ends are resting is where air compressor and controls for air braking system will fit. Just straight air to loco and driving car. Club passenger cars don't have braking system.

Have a good one....John.
"MALCOLM MOORE LOCO & THE 100 FOOT RAILWAY" on Facebook.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Your workmanship is outstanding.

Harold
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

I really like the brake stand. In fact, I really like everything. :)
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"

Post by 6491 »

Thanks guys....Well today I had my first run of carrying passengers with the speedo/trip recorder fitted. In four hours we covered 22.7 kilometres. Top recorded speed was 10.1 KPH. At that stage the batteries had not started to show any drop off of voltage on the gauges. Overall I am very pleased with its performance :D.
Have a good one....John.
"MALCOLM MOORE LOCO & THE 100 FOOT RAILWAY" on Facebook.