So what Kind of controller is everyone using?

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

JohnHudak

So what Kind of controller is everyone using?

Post by JohnHudak »

I'm ready to buy the 4QD VTX75 controller for the "F" project, and thought before I did, I'd get some opinions on it.... Has anyone here ever used it? How about some of the other controllers out there? Any bad experiences with anything?
Thanks; John
backyardrails

Re: So what Kind of controller is everyone using?

Post by backyardrails »

John
I have used and installed many 4QD controllers (over 25) and I am still buying them. It's close to :wink: 20 years that I've bought from them and had excellent service as well. I am working on a pile of switchers and that's what I am using. I have 12 volt and 24 volt controllers. You'll love the dyamic breaking as well.
Bernie
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

Thanks Bernie, Did you ever use the RBT-810 hand controller? I don't know if the lever would be better than a hand knob or not?
John
ScaleModeler1974

Post by ScaleModeler1974 »

I use a 50 amp 24 volt controller from Diverse electronic services. for my crate motor
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

ScaleModeler1974 wrote:I use a 50 amp 24 volt controller from Diverse electronic services. for my crate motor
How do you like it? That's one I was considering. I was looking at 12v, although it looks like they discontinued the 12v model. It looks like the MCIPC-24 can take 12v as input, though.

Steve
ScaleModeler1974

Post by ScaleModeler1974 »

They did away with the 12 Volt controllers and only sell the 24 Volt controllers.

I like mine......but the best thing to do is to call and talk to someone there about the controllers and get more info then what is on their website.
765nkp

Post by 765nkp »

Hi
I was wondering where is the best place to buy the 4 qd controller, and whats a good price for one.
Thanks Tim
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

Tim, Here's the link to the 4QD website, I ordered mine from there (England) It didn't arrive yet, but I'm expecting it soon... There is a link to a US supplier as well..
John
http://www.4qd.co.uk/