Milwaukee Milling Machine

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

hrhoades

Milwaukee Milling Machine

Post by hrhoades »

I acquired a Milwaukee 2bs universal milling machine this evening. It came with a cabinet full of tooling, a horizon and vertical head that rotates on two axis, and all the original literature. Does anyone have any experiance with these machines.
Hal
kaysor

Re: Milwaukee Milling Machine

Post by kaysor »

Hello: I have a model 2hl horizontal universal with vertical head and it is a very versatile, ridgid machine... I also have a 2d rotary head tool and die mill which will make lots of chips in a short period of time.... Not familiar with your model though... Usually K&T means quality though..... Mike
L.Roa

Post by L.Roa »

I have a K&T(Milwaukee) No. 2B Universal Horizontal Milling Machine. I have been looking for literature for it for years.
If you would be willing to make a copy of your manuals, I would be very happy to reinburse you for your
time and effort. You are extremely lucky to of purchased your machine with tooling and accessories. It
took me almost three years to find that my machine used a No.12 Brown & Sharp arbor. I'm still hunting
arbors and cutters for mine. Is your machine a converted line shaft drive machine also?

Larry Roa
Dog1@BigMailBox.net
hrhoades

Post by hrhoades »

Larry,
I would be happy to share the literature I have. I can either photo copy it here for no cost except postage or have it professionally copied for my cost . The differance being in quality of copy. I have 5 pieces of literature that pertain to these machines. They are a 16 page catalog showing arbors and their production,
a 4 page sales catalog showing arbors and collets,a 24 page catalog of attachments that were available for Kearney and Treaker milling machines, A 13 page operator manual for my machine and a approximately 100 page sales catalog showing breakdowns of individual parts, casting attachments, and photos of various machines offered including the 2b like assume your machine is.
My machine has the motor in the base as it was originally offered. Please let me know if you want copies of all literature I have or just certain pieces. E-mail me at hrhoades@ticon.net with your address so I can send literature to you
Hal