Little Engines 3/4" Scale 4-8-4

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

765nkp

Re: Little Engines 3/4" Scale 4-8-4

Post by 765nkp »

Hi
I talked with Jim, who is Mark's dad (the engine owner)
they have decided to keep the engine at its home track,
which I think is a good idea! I believe it is off the market.
Tim
Mark

Post by Mark »

The 4-8-4 has been sold. Thanks for all the interest and sorry I was not able to respond to all the PM's.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Let this example serve to inform others that when an item is offered for sale, notice should be posted when it is no longer available, regardless of the reason. In this case, it would have saved considerable time for many.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Not to be snobby here, but maybe it would be a good idea to have these posts erase after say 15 days or 30 days, or (?) I fnot moved they can be relisted, but the threads would be self cleaning, not to add confusion. Just a thought. Craigs is only 7 days for sales items.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

It may be desirable for them to remain, although closed. It's not uncommon for readers to have questions about the availability of items that may come through this section of the board. By leaving the posts, there is a record that can be retrieved.

Needless to say, there's always the guy that gets what he wants and isn't the least bit interested in doing the right thing by letting others know that the offer no longer stands. I'm more inclined to give these guys the boot than to alter the board because they aren't considerate enough to do the right thing.

I'm open to comments.

Should we delete outdated offers, or should they be allowed to remain as a part of the history of the board?

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.