Enco Rotary Table

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: Harold_V, websterz, GlennW

EdK

Re: Enco Rotary Table

Post by EdK » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:18 pm

I whipped up something to lift the rotary table using the cherry picker. I needed to get it off of the workbench. This will work for now. Once I have the mill in its final resting spot then I'll make a wall mounted swinging crane arm.

Ed
Attachments
back.JPG
hook.JPG
side.JPG
Ignore the dangling eye bolt. That was an "Oops!" when I found out the hook would not go around the 3/4" rod.
Vectrax 14x40 lathe, Enco RF-45 clone mill, MillerMatic 180 MIG.

coal miner

Post by coal miner » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Ed , like your lifting apparatus . Looks like the RT hangs even . I will have to copy it , maybe make the cross bar from Al to keep from bunging up the inside , just like your hangers. The engine hoists are handy for so many things , especially after putting an air/hyd cylinder on it . No more pumping .
I think my set up will work out OK . Had the tool cart not being used other than to collect stuff . Why is it when a flat surface becomes available it immediately disappears under stuff you never knew you had ? The old come along , hung from apiece of 4" channel across the rafters , is a 1000# cap ,so it is small and handy . Will have to run the table back and forth , so I should be able to take the Kurt off and put the RT on and save my spine .

Notice the high tech chip shield .
The more I learn , The more I don't know !

EdK

Post by EdK » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:29 pm

coal miner,

The 5/8" bolt that goes through the center of the rotary table has a piece of 3/4" aluminum tubing over it so it doesn't bung up the Morse taper in the rotary table.

Ed

737mechanic

Post by 737mechanic » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Got my Phase II rotary table today. Very impressed with the smoothness and quality of the tail stock and the rotary table but for the dividing plate kit I was shocked to see the sector was plastic. For the price I got this for I can't complain but I really hate to see plastic on somthing like this. Anyway I can't wait to play around with this thing.

EdK

Post by EdK » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:14 pm

737mechanic,

Yes, I thought that was a little cheesy also. But now I have a rotary table so I can make some new sector arms out of brass, right? :D

Ed

randyc

Post by randyc » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:12 pm

My older Enco table has brass sector arms; strangely they appear to be cast !
P1010800.JPG
Cheers,
Randy C

coal miner

Post by coal miner » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Well they do seem to be a hard plastic LOL . You guys are way ahead on these accessories . Just got a 3/8" clamping kit , couldn't afford a Teco or the like , ended up w/ a Shars set . Seems to be OK quality . Had to mill down .030 "on each side so they would fit the slots . Also got some extra T-nuts and some B-7 rod ( thanks Ed ). Got a 10 1/2 " x 12" x 3/4 "mic-6 that is going to end up on the RT top , just got started tonight with the jury rigged horizontal saw . Got it roughed to 10 1/2 square . Figuring to put 4 countersink 3/8" boltholes on the mill then chuck up in the lathe on the face plate with some stand offs to clear the edge and turn it to what diam. it will finish out . Drill the center and bore for an alignment stub for the centerhole in the RT . The 4 holes will let me mount it to the RT . Got any ideas about patterns for mounting holes on the plate ? Wish that some 1" would have been available , but should be able to get at least a 3/8"-16 hole w/ 5/8" deep threads . Hope that is enough not to strip out ?
The more I learn , The more I don't know !

EdK

Post by EdK » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:45 am

coal miner,

Please post pictures of your plate creation if possible. I'm still on the lookout for an acceptable piece of aluminum at an acceptable price. :shock:

Ed

737mechanic

Post by 737mechanic » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 am

coal miner wrote:Well they do seem to be a hard plastic LOL . You guys are way ahead on these accessories . Just got a 3/8" clamping kit , couldn't afford a Teco or the like , ended up w/ a Shars set . Seems to be OK quality . Had to mill down .030 "on each side so they would fit the slots . Also got some extra T-nuts and some B-7 rod ( thanks Ed ). Got a 10 1/2 " x 12" x 3/4 "mic-6 that is going to end up on the RT top , just got started tonight with the jury rigged horizontal saw . Got it roughed to 10 1/2 square . Figuring to put 4 countersink 3/8" boltholes on the mill then chuck up in the lathe on the face plate with some stand offs to clear the edge and turn it to what diam. it will finish out . Drill the center and bore for an alignment stub for the centerhole in the RT . The 4 holes will let me mount it to the RT . Got any ideas about patterns for mounting holes on the plate ? Wish that some 1" would have been available , but should be able to get at least a 3/8"-16 hole w/ 5/8" deep threads . Hope that is enough not to strip out ?

Here is a link to Frank Fords version of a nice plate he made for his.

http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/Proje ... plate.html

Walt Lindsay

Post by Walt Lindsay » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Hello All

Here are some photos of the lifting device the I built to handle my 12in rotary table.

Sure wish I could claim it as my idea, but it was copied from a friend of mine.

Just hook your hoist in the ring and go for it.

The device attaches to the table using two 'T' nuts and bolts, it is self centering
and can't come loose.
Attachments
Dscn1162-SM.jpg
Dscn1162-SM.jpg (23.67 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
Dscn1163-SM.jpg
Dscn1163-SM.jpg (22.85 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
Dscn1164-SM.jpg
Dscn1164-SM.jpg (22.6 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
WALT

In the event of an EXTREME EMERGENCY most of those who are prepared will survive,
all the rest will perish.
KE6IWK