Wanted! 1" Scale Steam

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

DJSteamer3017

Wanted! 1" Scale Steam

Post by DJSteamer3017 »

My Dream has always been to own and operate a Live Steam Locomotive. I hadn't been sure what scale, either 3/4", 1" or 1.5", but I've decided that I'm going 1" Scale and my best bet for a locomotive, maybe an LE 0-4-0, 0-6-0 or an Atlantic. I'm trying to work out a budget of at least $2,000. So now I'm looking for at Least a completed chassie, anyone out there with one there willing to sell Greatly Appreciated. Keep on Steamin' My Friends!!

David
Last edited by DJSteamer3017 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The 1" Scale Junkie ... But steam of all sizes is cool with me!!
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
SteveM

Re: WANTED!! A Little Engines 1" Scale 0-4-0.

Post by SteveM »

Your best bet is probably the for sale pages at Discover Live Steam.

http://www.discoverlivesteam.com/A-forsalepages.htm

There's a LE pacific there for $5,500:
http://discoverlivesteam.com/discoverfo ... /index.htm

Steve
Postwarbob

Post by Postwarbob »

David I have a Little Engines 1" Pacific for sale that needs finishing. Chassis is on air and boiler is finished and tested. The tender has 6 Wheel trucks. I have the complete set of plans also. Engine is in Northern Ca. Great first project. Bob........
Postwarbob

Post by Postwarbob »

David here are some pics. Engine was stored in builders shop and looks like he was doing alot of wood work since it's covered in sawdust. I did run it on air and timing sounded prety good. I air tested the boiler and it held air. Sorry for the poor tender picture .My back went out after lifting the chassis and boilerThere is an axle pump that needs finishing (Piston needs o ring installed) mounted in the frame. Connecting rod and eccentric are inc. Brake rigging is mounted but no brake cylinder is inc. There is a box of extra parts Couplers ,Cyl covers ,etc. Missing is the smoke box front and dome castings. Prints are inc also. This would need complete disassembly and some repairs before reassembling but I think the finished project would be a good runner. Looks like tender was set up for oil burner. PM me with any questions you might have. Bob..........This engine has been sold!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
DSCN9624.JPG
DSCN9625.JPG
DSCN9627.JPG
DSCN9628.JPG
DSCN9629.JPG
DSCN9630.JPG
DSCN9632.JPG
Last edited by Postwarbob on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJSteamer3017

Post by DJSteamer3017 »

Postwarbob wrote:David here are some pics. Engine was stored in builders shop and looks like he was doing alot of wood work since it's covered in sawdust. I did run it on air and timing sounded prety good. I air tested the boiler and it held air. Sorry for the poor tender picture .My back went out after lifting the chassis and boilerThere is an axle pump that needs finishing (Piston needs o ring installed) mounted in the frame. Connecting rod and eccentric are inc. Brake rigging is mounted but no brake cylinder is inc. There is a box of extra parts Couplers ,Cyl covers ,etc. Missing is the smoke box front and dome castings. Prints are inc also. This would need complete disassembly and some repairs before reassembling but I think the finished project would be a good runner. Looks like tender was set up for oil burner. PM me with any questions you might have. Bob..........
Bob,
I love the Pacific, potential for someone to turn it into a 1" Scale Version of a Southern PS-4. I love 1" Scale I have been really wanting to eventually start off in this hobby with lots of inspiration. Thanks for putting it up :) I'm pretty sure that someone will be willing to give this Pacific a good home!! :) Thanks Bob. Hopefully I too can have a project to show off here one day.
Keep on Steamin My Friend.

David
The 1" Scale Junkie ... But steam of all sizes is cool with me!!
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney