Live steamer's shop for sale

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

JR May

Live steamer's shop for sale

Post by JR May »

Folks:
I am looking to sell a complete home machine shop which belonged to a good friend and live steamer (really at 15" gauge) who passed away suddenly a little over a year ago. This was a working shop to include wooden and steel machinist tool boxes with an assortment of micrometers and other tooling. Machinery includes a Kearney and Trecker (K&T) mill No. 1 with a Bridgeport M-Head; Grizzly lathe, G4000 with tooling, 3 and 4 jaw chucks, steady rests, etc; large lathe built by the Champion Tool Works of Cincinnati, Ohio, roughly a 12" swing with quick change gear box. All the equipment is 110V which makes it ideal for home use. This would be an excellent start for a live steamer looking to start his first engine and looking for a quick way to be up and running. Asking price is $3,600 for the whole shop but we are open to offers and ideas. Equipment is located in southern New Jersey. Pictures can be seen on discoverlivesteam or I can be reached jrmay@monmouth.com

Please pass this around if you would. It would be a big help to the family to get this stuff sold.

Many thanks,
J.R. May
SteveM

Re: Live steamer's shop for sale

Post by SteveM »

JR,

Thanks for doing this for the family. We'll all be in that position at some point.

Here's a direct link to the items.
http://discoverlivesteam.com/discoverfo ... /index.htm

Steve
tommy1010

Post by tommy1010 »

Sent you a message about the shop equipment.
JR May

Post by JR May »

Tom:
I have sent a response via email.

Many thanks!
J.R.
JR May

Post by JR May »

Folks:
The shop is still available. We have had some interest, but no sale yet. We are open to offers for all of it or individual pieces. It needs to be moved in the next month or so and I have no idea what will happen at that point.

Thanks,
J.R. May