Early 7.5" 2-8-4 Berkshire for sale SOLD

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Highiron

Early 7.5" 2-8-4 Berkshire for sale SOLD

Post by Highiron »

the engine is now sold...

MikeOkay...have way, way too many projects and trains..time to thin out

I have the late Dick Thomas' Berkshire ...Built in 1996 this is a BIG engine...it is not a Nickle Plate Berk but an early one.
Dick had lettered it for the B&A 1441 I relettered and numbered it for Lima Locomotive Works A-1
Last Hydro tested and run at Train Mountain in 2009
I brought it home to make some repairs to the lead truck and nozzle...and install new brake valve
I have most all the machine work done but am just too busy with other projects to finish it so I have decied to sell it
It has the correct articulated trailing truck and a working boster (currently disconected)
I installed new valves in the cylinders, timed it and replace several bushings
loco has working power reverse, side mounted water pump, Super Scle Nathan Injector, an English injector
Coal fired 7.5" gauge...engine with out tender weighs 1100 pounds dry
has large 6 axle Berkshire tender
needs to have the lead truck reinstalled, new brake valve, some repairs made to the driver brake linkage
cab reinstalled nozzle reinstalled and front end put back together
lots of detail correct for an early Berk...just no time to work on it with other projects taking priority
I installed a new water glass and valves on backhead

EMAIL ME OFF LIST FOR MORE INFO AT Highiron@aol.com$18,000 OBO
Located in Lancaster, PA
732-239-9960
Mike Venezia
Attachments
DSC_0109.JPG
DSC_0111.JPG
DSC_0113.JPG
DSC_0118.JPG
DSC_0123.JPG
DSC_0125.JPG
DSC_0126.JPG
DSC_0128.JPG
Last edited by Highiron on Wed May 02, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andypullen

Re: Early 7.5" 2-8-4 Berkshire for sale

Post by Andypullen »

I've seen this locomotive....the pics don't do it justice. It's a nice representation of Lima's A-1.

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Highiron

Re: Early 7.5" 2-8-4 Berkshire for sale

Post by Highiron »

Thanks Andy

Yes you are right the Pictures do not do it justice!!

To answer all those who have PM'd me ...yes I will deliver the engine for a fee...Providing your delivery location can accomodate the size of my rig

Thank You

Mike