Where is everyone?

This forum is dedicated to those hobbyists with the 3-in-1 metalworking machines. Mill-Drill-Lathes. Tips, techniques, modification and use of these machines is topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

RetroWoody

Where is everyone?

Post by RetroWoody »

I just found this place and it is pretty quiet. I know Torch is here and I appreciate his support and discussion. There is a lot of good information here and I have been reading a lot.

Is Summer keeping people busy outside, is this always a quiet forum, or is it just me? Maybe I am just too late to the party.
Harold_V

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Harold_V »

In general, the entire board tends to be low key. Here, we discourage rudeness and bad language, so the readers that stay with us tend to be mild mannered and polite. Exchanges are generally on topic, and of good content. The 3 in 1 forum is particularly slow, as the vast majority of readers have individual machines, so you can expect low volume posting, but of good quality.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Torch

Post by Torch »

No. We're all out in the shop, making chips...

:lol:

I think most of the discussions happen in the General forum. This one really only gets traffic when there's questions specific to the 3-in-1 format.
RetroWoody

Post by RetroWoody »

I wish I was making some chips. Bearings come in tomorrow. :D

Painting a bedroom is not really the same, but it keeps my mind off the machine...mostly.

Having a well-mannered forum with civil discussion will be a change. My kind of place. Think I'll hang out a while. 8)

Thanks for letting me know.
ken572

Post by ken572 »

RetroWoody,
Welcome to The Home Machinist.
We have a great group of people here, that enjoy helping each other.
Later.
Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
RetroWoody

Post by RetroWoody »

Thanks, Ken572. I think I like it here.
TomB

Post by TomB »

I watch this forum all the time but rarely append here. I have a Shopmaster Tri-Power but right now it is disassembled. It got flooded last fall and took it appart to fully clean and re-oil everything but then go busy on other stuff so it still sits apart. The flood was a bit discouragering and I probably need to find shop with no flood risk.

Welcome to the board. I think Harold described the group well.

Tom
RetroWoody

Post by RetroWoody »

Thanks, TomB.

Now that my bearings arrived and I am about done with the painting, perhaps I'll get my machine back together tomorrow and see if it works.
ken572

Post by ken572 »

RetroWoody,

I was wondering what your location was :?:
I am from Arizona.

Ken.
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
RetroWoody

Post by RetroWoody »

I have updated my profile with location. I am out in the country near Omaha, Nebraska. I lived in Cincinnati, Ohio most of my adult life, except for 3 years in Asia.

My family lived in Tempe for a while when I was about 7 or so. Loved it and sometimes I wished we had stayed. A few years ago, my family and I went to Phoenix on vacation and drove by the old place just for fun. Surprise! There was a 6 lane freeway right where our house was! :shock: I guess nothing stays the same forever.