Florida Live Steamers Winter Meets 2013

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

FLtenwheeler

Florida Live Steamers Winter Meets 2013

Post by FLtenwheeler »

This is from the Florida Live Steamers web page.

Tentative Dates for the 2013 Florida Live Steamers Winter Meets Schedule

January 31 to February 3 West Toccoi & Bostwick
February 4 to 10 Big Boots
February 9 to 13 Central Pasco & Gulf
February 14 to 17 Largo Central
February 17 to 20 Manatee Central
February 21 to 24 Ridge Live Steamers
March 9 & 10 Sebring System

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
WJH

Re: Florida Live Steamers Winter Meets 2013

Post by WJH »

I'll be in town on those dates, will be staying in Spring Hill at my sisters house, should be fun!
tomc

Post by tomc »

Don't forget the Buckinghan Central

All Steam Un-Meet at the Buckingham Central RR - Feb. 17 - 24, 2013

Tom C.
tom_at_srclry_com
A student of the Southend RGS!
moose the caboose

Post by moose the caboose »

tomc wrote:Don't forget the Buckinghan Central

All Steam Un-Meet at the Buckingham Central RR - Feb. 17 - 24, 2013

Tom C.
as an unofficial unmeet unassociate of the buckingham central railroad, i can say without equivocation that the ALL STEAM UN-MEET doesn't mean they are anti-diesel or anti-electric, it just means that for this particular un-meet at this particular private railroad, at that particular time...it's all about the STEAM locomotives. nothing more, nothing less. the bcrr isn't a railroad park, nor is it a club, it IS the dream of one man, peter b. located in the wilds of n fort myers, fl, it is first, his home and second, a wonderful (and at times, magical) place that he shares with live steamers.

the bcrr was built and is maintained by a very small handful of folks who share peter b's dream. with the passion that they display, it's a new railroad every time you visit, always something new to see. you may be a stranger when you arrive, but you'll be like family when you leave. in short, it's my home away from home.

know this, lawnmowers and welders are welcomed at other times, just contact them for when you want to visit.

wanna visit? contact them via their website: http://www.buckinghamcentralrr.com/

you'll be glad you did.

moose
boomerralph

Post by boomerralph »

I can second Moose's comments. These true "Live Steam Gentlemen"do a tremendous job to put on a very fine event. Great Fun!!
Ralph M. Reese
St. Augustine, FL
Under Construction
LE Pacific
Allen 10 Wheeler
schwinncoll

Post by schwinncoll »

Having only been in this hobby and coming from G scale (and still have all my G scale) a couple years. I can agree with everything posted about the Buckingham Central. I was invited over by friends of the Tradewinds & Atlantic for the day and we had a great time there. Arrived and were greated nicely and left that evening as friends. The next day we drove upto Ridge and ran all day and night there. We were the last train out at about 10:30 pm. The Tradewinds & Atlantic RR in Coconut Creek (Ft Lauderdale) always welcomes Steam, Diesel, or Electric. We run the 3rd weekend of every month. We also have 3 loops of raised G scale, and a smaller, lower G scale loop. Something new will be 3 rail O scale inside our large G scale loops.

Michael Smith
VP of the TARR
Coconut Creek, FL
www.livesteamers.org
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Hi All

I need to start saving my pennies. What suppliers are planning on coming to Florida in February?

Tom Bee has been coming here as long I can remember. I need one pair of T-Frame trucks from him. But other than that I will see who is planning on being here and make a list.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox »

Allen Models and Ridge Locomotive Works will be at Largo Central and Ridge Live Steamers as vendors. I will go to Buckingham to play!
treinenbaas

Post by treinenbaas »

In addition, the Central Pasco & Gulf RR will be hosting a Regional Convention March 15-17 2013.
More info on facilties etc. will be forthcoming soon.

GerryV
President CPGRR