New Project GE 23T Boxcab in 1.5" scale.

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

steamin10

Re: New Project GE 23T Boxcab in 1.5" scale.

Post by steamin10 »

OUTSTANDING! Now to find the time to paint things before the rust sets in.....
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It has taken a lot of work and is still far from done. But does run and work beautifully. As for paint once I finish the rest of the internals installation she will be painted. Hoping to get at least a primer coat on before this weekend. But right now the sound system and re-wiring of the loco has taken priority. With the receipt of the new sound/control system it meant a total re-wire of the loco. Plus I needed to install the plug and wiring for charging.

I am glad to report that the install of the new permanent main board, charging port, motor lead plugs, battery lead plugs have been completed. I still have to install the amp and speakers. But that is right around the corner.

Jason
Attachments
CAM00499.jpg
CAM00497.jpg
charging port
charging port
MarshCreekMiningCo

Post by MarshCreekMiningCo »

It was nice to meet you and see your new ride, it looked great and performed well!
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

It was an awesome weekend and meeting even more new people including yourself. Can't wait for this weekend when myself and the family gets to do it again.

I tested the charging plug, charger, and system last night. I totally charged the loco up from a day and a half of running in 6 1/2 hours. Totally tickled it worked and worked so well. The charger has sat in the garage for over 2 years since it was given to me. Wasn't sure if it would even work, but worked great.

Didn't get anything done today thanks to a 16hr day at work :shock: . Another long one on tap for tomorrow so looks like the last bits of the sound system will have to wait till Friday morning before we leave for LALS spring meet. Will get some video clips from the meet to showcase the system.

Jason
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Just completed a test run of the sound system. Everything works great but still need to get an adequate speaker/speakers. The test speakers were easily overtaxed by the bell and whistle. I have acquired a set of 5 1/4" speakers that should do well. Should have them installed before loading up for LALS tomorrow. Here is a pic of the chosen units.

Jason
Attachments
CAM00511.jpg
Kevin S

Post by Kevin S »

Jason, it will be neat to see the changes you have made since last week in Sacramento considering you just showed ul with just the unit and had to run out and get batteries and cables for it.
-Kevin
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Here is a quick video of the sound system. Should work well for the weekend but think its needs a bit of tweaking still.

Jason

fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Ran the Boxcab all weekend at the LALS Spring meet. She again ran great again all weekend. Thanks to all for the compliments that were shared at the meet. Will get some video up this week for both meets. Also did pick up some head lights that I think will look awesome for this beastie.

Jason
Attachments
FB_IMG_14011648741688213.jpg
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

As promised although a bit late are some clips from the 2 outings the loco has had in the last month.

Jason

fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

Ok so the need to use my trailer for something else other than hauling the loco arose. So it was time to cobble together a loco stand. So some lumber, Angle iron, laying around and a $10 HF movers dolly later and we have a nice sturdy stand.

Jason
Attachments
Loco Stand.jpg
Loco Stand Finished.jpg
fresnojay

Post by fresnojay »

So wanted to post a little update. After 2 meets and a few transportation issues. I have decided that I was not happy with the arrangement inside the cab. So I have started the updating and painting of the cab. Also installation of a headlight. Going to be working on it all weekend. Here are a few pics of what I have done so far.

Jason
Attachments
Paint under way.jpg
Chassis updated.jpg
timmy wheeler

Post by timmy wheeler »

What changes are you making to the inside of the cab? Timmy
illigitimi non carborundum