A champion is born.

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Highiron

Re: A champion is born.

Post by Highiron »

Great Job Professor Paulie!!
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

That is awesome!

Andy
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Highiron

Post by Highiron »

Paul

It sounds really square...great!

I have the Trailing Truck done just have to pack it in the case and it will ship to you Tuesday
came out good here are the pictures
Attachments
Trailing truck 1.jpg
Trailing truck 2.jpg
SilverSanJuan

Post by SilverSanJuan »

Music to the ears, Paul. Runs and looks beautiful.

Todd
kapullen

Post by kapullen »

Paulie,
You do such nice work. You, Pam, and Mike, are an inspiration to many of us out here in la la land.
Kap
Fadal Turn, Fadal Vmc 15, Prototrak 16 x 30 Cnc Lathe, Pratt and Whitney 16 x 54 lathe, Pratt and Whitney Vertical Shaper, G & E 16" Shaper, B & O Electric turret lathe, 36" Doall band saw,
Enco B.P. Clone, Bridgeport CNC Mill, Delta 12" Surface Grinder.
pkeiser

Post by pkeiser »

Power pack that goes in the tender. It lifts out easily for maintenance.
This is a steel drop in container. Holds an APC heavy Battery and a Thomas air compressor all under a hinged top.
The top swings back on a hinge. On top panel are the fuses ,a charger for the battery , a knife switch to lift ground, relay for starting the compressor, and the cord to plug into 110V. outlet to charge battery.
Attachments
DSC00430 - Copy.JPG
DSC00428 - Copy.JPG
DSC00431 - Copy.JPG
DSC00432 - Copy.JPG
www.chaski.com
pkeiser

Post by pkeiser »

Finally back from California where Mike and I picked up the Hudson from Jack's shop. Nick Edward's meet just over also and we all had a great time! Thanks to Nick and Lynn and Bob Hornsby.
Back to work on important stuff. Installed boiler. All buttoned up and happy. It ain't coming off for a long time, I hope. Besides, by that time I'll be eating chocolate cake with Jesus and I'll have a real machine shop!
Attachments
DSC00721 - Copy.JPG
www.chaski.com
boomerralph

Post by boomerralph »

She is looking great Paulie!
Ralph M. Reese
St. Augustine, FL
Under Construction
LE Pacific
Allen 10 Wheeler
Bill Wilkins

Post by Bill Wilkins »

Very nice, something to be most proud of. I also like the cab picture. Looks as if you could just crawl in and get her moving. Oh, the experiences the engineers had with the full size ones.
Congratulations...
Plum Cove Chassis, freelance body - 2008 - Present
Wabash 569 - Allen Mogul - April 09-Jan 12
Bob Snippe Alco S-4 - Feb 12 - Apr 15
pkeiser

Post by pkeiser »

Rear end of things. I have found that anything under the cab floor that is not metal.... MELTS !!!!. That "wall" below the firebox door is a heat shield. Double walled with a 1/2" air gap between. The Hudson was my first and I had DOT air lines and Clippard air regulators and all failed . The heat shield solved all that. Coal gets REAL HOT !!!
Attachments
DSC00723 - Copy.JPG
www.chaski.com
GS14403

Post by GS14403 »

Hello Paul,

I like the look of the compressor you are using. Do you sell them direct or should we order them from Thomas. Either way do you have the model number of the compressor you are using and does it have an adjustable pressure regulator. I find about 30 PSI is more than adequate for my engine and tender brakes but will be needing more volume as I start adding air brake cylinders to my cars, replacing the vacuum pods used previously.

That new Northern is coming along great and looking awesome, the more of these out there the merrier.

Thanks

Donald
pkeiser

Post by pkeiser »

Donald, please contact Mike at with Little Engines. He has all that information.
Paul
www.chaski.com