One Little lucky boy, Christmas surprise!

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

gcarsen

One Little lucky boy, Christmas surprise!

Post by gcarsen »

Friday night for a surprise for my Little boy Lucas, he is now 3 3/4 old! we went out to the race track to see the Christmas's lights. then for an added surprise we went down to Oaks park where I knew the guys where keeping the 4449 warm for the holiday express. got Lucas up into the cab and hung out with the Guy's. he climbed up in the Cab with no problem ,watched everything with big eyes and a grin! no problems, or fears. went home. well Saturday for an even bigger surprise, took him back down to the park, he was sleeping when we pulled in. he woke up, seen where he was and got excited wanting to see "HIS" engine!! it was out on a run and he was a bit upset as it was gone. went in the tent and visited a while. figured it was headed back and went out to the track. he saw it coming and got all excited again!! it went by on the bridge and he was waving like crazy at the engine, crew, and others. walked up to the front when they parked. double checked with George and John. walked back, to the loading dock, then around and back up to the cab. he climbed up, again with no problems. sat right down and waited patiently!! after a bit asked George when we where going! finally started out, he looked a little worried at first, new noises, loud whistle. but he watched every movement George made till he knew when to cover his ears for which knob or handle was being grabbed! all smiles and grins! he finally ended up at the door smiling and waving at everyone as we went past!! He had a blast!! Thank you George, John, and all the other 4449 crew members! you made his day!
Attachments
luc1.jpg
luc2.jpg
luc3.jpg
10KPete

Re: One Little lucky boy, Christmas surprise!

Post by 10KPete »

That was such a wonderful thing to do for your son. He will never, ever, forget that time. You are to be commended for
that.

Pete
Just tryin'
cbrew

Post by cbrew »

Priceless!

gcarsen wrote:Friday night for a surprise for my Little boy Lucas, he is now 3 3/4 old! we went out to the race track to see the Christmas's lights. then for an added surprise we went down to Oaks park where I knew the guys where keeping the 4449 warm for the holiday express. got Lucas up into the cab and hung out with the Guy's. he climbed up in the Cab with no problem ,watched everything with big eyes and a grin! no problems, or fears. went home. well Saturday for an even bigger surprise, took him back down to the park, he was sleeping when we pulled in. he woke up, seen where he was and got excited wanting to see "HIS" engine!! it was out on a run and he was a bit upset as it was gone. went in the tent and visited a while. figured it was headed back and went out to the track. he saw it coming and got all excited again!! it went by on the bridge and he was waving like crazy at the engine, crew, and others. walked up to the front when they parked. double checked with George and John. walked back, to the loading dock, then around and back up to the cab. he climbed up, again with no problems. sat right down and waited patiently!! after a bit asked George when we where going! finally started out, he looked a little worried at first, new noises, loud whistle. but he watched every movement George made till he knew when to cover his ears for which knob or handle was being grabbed! all smiles and grins! he finally ended up at the door smiling and waving at everyone as we went past!! He had a blast!! Thank you George, John, and all the other 4449 crew members! you made his day!
If it is not live steam. its not worth it.
SilverSanJuan

Post by SilverSanJuan »

That's wonderful! Reminded me of my first cab ride in a steam engine. I was about the same age. I know it is a memory that your son will never forget.

Todd
neanderman

Post by neanderman »

My similar experience as a child was when my dad took me to see a steam tractor running a grain thresher. I've loved those machines ever since.

I'm sure this will be a precious memory for your son. You are a good father.
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"
JKreider

Post by JKreider »

Wow Grant. That's a great present for your son. He will remember that all his life.
For me at that age it was a Bessemer & Lake Erie coal fired 4-6-2 and I still visualize it although I was a scaredy cat compared to your son.

Jim Kreider
kenrinc

Post by kenrinc »

I love hearing how the disease get's passed from generation to generation :mrgreen:

ken-