New 1/8th scale supplier--was MCC ??

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

chooch

New 1/8th scale supplier--was MCC ??

Post by chooch »

http://titantrains.net/announcements-and-news/

Their message sounds like it will be a great Improvement for the hobby (Diesel) guys. :)
chooch
RONALD

Re: New 1/8th scale supplier--was MCC ??

Post by RONALD »

I have an order for a diesel with MCC that was placed 12/31/14, including a down payment.

Jim Humphrey, MCC's owner, at first promised Spring 2015, then with each email it was just about to be delivered, the last being in the Fall 2015.

We will see if this new owner keeps their promise to fill all MCC back orders.
chooch

Post by chooch »

Sorry you have a problem with Mtn. Car Ronald.
I`m just a guy in the hobby like you all, passing on some news I received As an Occasional purchaser of MCC trucks. I think the person "Michael", is just the "office manager" per the notice. In any event, it might be a nice idea to send a note wishing Michael (MCC) good luck in planned improvements and that (any of) you have been waiting for XYZ for some time. Something along that line. Just my thoughts.
chooch
rwheller

Post by rwheller »

This is why, when back in the fall of last year, after numerous delays, I finally gave Jim (MCC) a fixed date that I would be on his door step to pick up my GP30. When we got there, in a rain storm, that morning, we spend the rest of the day watching them finish the locomotive. We finally left at 16:30 and drove all the way to NJ in the rain that night. He still had to ship the lighting harness for the shell (raw aluminum) at a later date, along with a pair of trucks and brakes for a car I bought, that he had unfinished on the floor. It will be interesting to see how the new "office manager" manages the "new" business.
Attachments
100_1643.JPG
airbusguy

Post by airbusguy »

Has there a change of ownership at Mountain Car? Or is it a partnership with an infusion of monies?
Cheers
Phil
RONALD

Post by RONALD »

Wow! I sent Mike at Titan Trains the form inquiring about my order this morning, and he replied this afternoon.

With MCC, if you sent an inquiry about an old order, you maybe would hear from him in a week or more, if at all, unless it was about a new order, then he would call back real quick.

From what Mike wrote to me, I will be happy to wait and let them complete the work on my model.
chooch

Post by chooch »

Sounds like tings might be on the right track (pun intent). Good for you Rnald.
RONALD wrote:Wow! I sent Mike at Titan Trains the form inquiring about my order this morning, and he replied this afternoon.

With MCC, if you sent an inquiry about an old order, you maybe would hear from him in a week or more, if at all, unless it was about a new order, then he would call back real quick.

From what Mike wrote to me, I will be happy to wait and let them complete the work on my model.
jmurray

Post by jmurray »

I ordered some couplers from titan trains and received a call back from Mike,the office manager, very promptly, to answer a question I had. I also asked if Jim was still around and the response was yes, he is still the owner. Maybe by changing into the new in stock format,it seems to me he may of wanted a fresh start with a new name by putting the old company and reputation behind them. I wished them both good luck, as I definitely like the quality of the product!
C&O EMD F7A 24vdc Locomotive(Museum Trains)
Chessie diesel switcher(5hp Free lance design) 0-4-0
Pine Grove Vineyards Davenport (Ride-Trains)Switcher 0-4-0
Wolf Run and Tambine Clishay 0-4-4-0(Bob Maynard design)
Mack Loco
http://www.neols.net (NorthEastern Ohio Live Steamers)
hondavt@windstream.net
chiloquinruss

Post by chiloquinruss »

Email from me (Russ) sent at noon, reply back (Michael) at 3pm SAM DAY! Things are looking up.

Michael Lancenese (office manager)
Titan Trains (formerly MCC)
http://titantrains.net/

I'm not affiliated, just a fan of the quality of the product (once delivered). Russ